This discussion is archived
3 Replies Latest reply: Oct 20, 2011 7:19 AM by 895137 RSS

Load image from System Path

895137 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
I am trying to load my computer folder images into a wall of thumnails. I read from the link below that ImageView "url" instance varable does not support system paths. I tried with the solution there, but it will cause an java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java heap space as it keeps reading the file.

another problem is it keeps giving me warning of using package javafx.ext --->SwingUtils.toFXImage method.

Is there any other alternatives?

Link
http://www.java-forums.org/netbeans/15845-javafx-not-able-read-images.html

Codes
function load() {
println("RUNTIME {Runtime.getRuntime().maxMemory()}");
System.gc();
Runtime.getRuntime().freeMemory();

//MAC Folder PATH
var path: String = "/Users/username/Pictures/camera/test/1.JPG";;
var file: File = new File(path);
//http://download.oracle.com/docs/cd/E17802_01/javafx/javafx/1.3/docs/api/javafx.ext.swing/javafx.ext.swing.SwingUtils.html
//public toFXImage(image: java.awt.image.BufferedImage) : Image
//Creates a JavaFX Image from a BufferedImage.

img = SwingUtils.toFXImage(ImageIO.read(file));
}
  • 1. Re: Load image from System Path
    895137 Newbie
    I have also tried to input the URL to be as below

url: "file://localhost//Users/user/Pictures/Camera/test/1.JPG"

i tried display 20 times of the image, it only display a randomly 3 or 4 image only when i run my app. THe images will displayed to be empty boxes that create to store them

i check with the error function given from ImageView, it does not indicate any of my images encountered an error.

really need help on this. have been trying for days. :(
  • 2. Re: Load image from System Path
    MiPa Pro
    You are using the outdated 1.x version of JavaFX. You should either switch to 2.0 or post your question in the other 1.x Forum.
  • 3. Re: Load image from System Path
    895137 Newbie
    MiPa wrote:
    You are using the outdated 1.x version of JavaFX. You should either switch to 2.0 or post your question in the other 1.x Forum.
    i know i am using outdated version but my project is worked on 1.3 , it will spent time for me to convert it to 2.0.

Anyway, my question is post on the JavaFX 1.x and JavaFX Script, i did not post it on 2.0 :)

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points