This content has been marked as final. Show 9 replies
Yes. These are the steps I took: -
Create a new SQL Database using the following specifications:
1. Database version is equal to or higher than 2005.
2. Database user (db_owner) should have SYSDBA or DBA privileges.
3. The read_committed_snapshot option must be turned on.
4. Database must be configured to use case sensitive collation. The following
5. command can be used to set the proper collation:
6. ALTER DATABASE <db_name> COLLATE Latin1_General_CS_AS
Create a New Repository with RCU
Install BI Publisher 11g. There are multiple install options for BI Publisher 11g. In most cases, a “Simple” install is sufficient.
Change the default security model:
1. Go to the BI Publisher login page at http://<BI Server>:<Port>/xmlpserver/
2. Log into BI Publisher as weblogic/<weblogic password> (created during the install above)
3. Click the Administration link (top right corner)
4. Click Security Configuration under Security Center
5. Change the Security Model to “BI Publisher Security”
6. In the password field, type Administrator
7. Place a “check” next to Enable Local Superuser
8. Fill in a username and password, For example: bipubadmin/bipubadmin
9. Click Apply
10. Restart the server
Configure a JDBC Data Source within BI Publisher:
1. Log into the BIP web site. Example: http://biserver:7001/xmlpserver
2. Click the Administration link towards the top right hand corner.
3. Locate the Data Sources section, and click JDBC Connection.
4. Click Add Data Source.
5. Fill out the appropriate required information. For MS SQL db it will be like this:
i. Data Source Name: Enter a name for your data source. It’s good practice to enter in a name that helps identify the schema being connected to.
ii. Driver Type: From the drop down, select the appropriate Microsft SQL driver type (Microsoft SQL Server 2005 or Microsoft SQL Server 2008)
iii. Database Driver Class: This will be auto-populated once the driver type is selected
iv. Connection String: This should be populated in the following format: jdbc:hyperion:sqlserver://[hostname]:[port];DatabaseName=[DBName]
v. Username: Enter the owner of the schema being connected to. Default: exp
vi. Password: Enter the schema owner password. Default: sql
6. Click Test Connection. If successful, then proceed, otherwise fix any mistakes and test connection again
7. Click Apply to save the data source.
Installed PCM v14 and BI 11g as suggested.
Issue appears when trying to import report from BI using PCM Administration, error message appears "BI Publisher Server is not initialized"
Anyone suggestions ? Pls. help.
Thanks in advance.
is your report location: /US Sql/Reports
and similar for forms & templates: /US Sql/Forms and /US Sql/Templates
the paths are harcoded so if you place them anywhere else it will error.
The default location to place them is:
I have tried to install BI Pub and cannot get through the install process. I am following the same steps you listed but for some reason when mine goes through the Configuring BI Pub step, it fails on the Database connection step and the OCM step at the end. Oracle has been "working" on this error for 6 weeks with me and has yet to suggest 1 solution. Wish I could get it to work!
You will need to start BI Publisher prior to starting Contract Management. Contract Management establishes a connection to BI Publisher so if BI Publisher is not started first, you will get that error message. Once the connection is established, BI Publisher can be stopped and started as you wish without needing to restart Contract Management.
Hope this helps out.
I think you have to restart the Oracle Process Manager in Services.Msc. I had the same problem but once i restart the Oracle Process Manager. It works fine.
when click on import reports and forms in PCM administrator it says "Invalid path specified: C:\Oracle\Middleware\BI\user_projects\domains\bifoundation_domain\config\bipublisher\repository\Reports\US Sql\Reports\"
I applied I the steps above successfully, Please help
In CM Web Administration for the reports, forms and templates locations specify it like this: -
for further information see knowledgebase solution 1355428.1