This discussion is archived
1 Reply Latest reply: Nov 3, 2011 8:22 AM by morgalr RSS

I want to use java with my electrical devices

896269 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Hi Can any one help me from the scratch about how can we embade java in our electrical devices. What are the devices required in doing it.
for example I want to calculate the cost of the total electricity consumed by the fan, bulb etc. what approach shall I use for it. hope my question is clear
  • 1. Re: I want to use java with my electrical devices
    morgalr Explorer
    Currently Being Moderated
    user10051879 wrote:
    Hi Can any one help me from the scratch about how can we embade java in our electrical devices. What are the devices required in doing it.
    for example I want to calculate the cost of the total electricity consumed by the fan, bulb etc. what approach shall I use for it. hope my question is clear
    I think your question is clear, but not well thought through: where are you going to get your mesurments? Are you going to include a digital amp meter and volt meter in each device? Aside from that, you need put Java in a ROM and have basically a small Java based computer included in each device. Is it doable, sure. Over 10 years ago, I saw an article on a working web server that was the size of a match head. Once you have your prototype, are you going to get them fabricated so they will be able to conveniently fit in devices? Don't forget the wifi or signal over powerline interface, so you can actuall collect the telemetry from you Java enabled devices.

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points