This content has been marked as final. Show 3 replies
Following forum is for network questions.
Unless you really don't like GUIs then it might be a better idea to start learning swing versus sockets (java.net). Several opinions why that might be better.
1. You need to learn more about the basics of java
2. You need to learn about threads before sockets
3. GUIs have a more immediate success/failure.
4. To understand sockets you are going to need to know more about your computer and environment. GUIs not so much.
1. I want the console/scanner class for I have the mouse/clicks.
2. Maybe I'll look into the GUI, but no doubt It's for others than me.
3. I saw the reason to threading after making a multidimensional search for a chess game(still in development).
4. I definetily want to know more about java.
The operators I feel like mastering is:
string mystr = new string;
mystr = "x";
mystr = "y";
if, else if
if, else if, else
for-each (this < is_smaller_than ? is_some_thing_in_that : else_its_this)
post incrementing, pre decrementing
+ - * /
+= -= *=/=
enum - switch - case
break continue return
My faith is in the trainer.
From your last post I'd say: you've not really mastered anything yet--go start in the Java Tutorial and work through it. Once you have done that you can more realistially start to choose what you want to concentrate on learning.
Once you have that, you may want to look at the Really Big Index: