This discussion is archived
1 Reply Latest reply: Apr 30, 2012 12:54 AM by v.eckardt RSS

Patch Manager (Plugin 4.0) - Patching Procedure is empty

Thiago Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Hi all,

I am experiencing some weird errors (like "no data found" when submitting a patch) in Patch Manager, i have even submitted a SR with Oracle to check the problem. However, i have noticed that every manual states that Patch Manager should come with one Patching Procedure seeded, "Patch Oracle E-Business Suite". When i see the Patching Procedures screen on Patch Manager, it is empty, there is no reference to Patch Oracle E-Business Suite, so maybe the errors i am experiencing are related to a missing procedure. For example, on the home page of Patch Manager, there is the "Start a Patch" dropdown, which should show the list of Patching Procedures, and it is also empty in my installation.

Is there any way to download or import this standard patching procedure? Am i missing some patch on EMGC or AMP, so that this procedure does not exist?

Thanks and Best Regards!
  • 1. Re: Patch Manager (Plugin 4.0) - Patching Procedure is empty
    v.eckardt Newbie
    Currently Being Moderated
    Hello Thiago,

if the patching procedure is empty, then one important post installation step has to be executed. It is about "defining a software library path". This step will not only define a path, but will also populate data into it. After a while the missing patching procedures shall come up automatically.

Please inspect the installation guide for ACMP for further details and advice.

Kr
    Volker

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points