This discussion is archived
3 Replies Latest reply: Jul 15, 2012 4:54 PM by 929328 RSS

Installation of Oracle Databse Firewall

Rahul Shah Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Hello,
I want to install Oracle DB Firewall on Virtual Machine for testing purpose & I want to know is oracle
enterprise linux 5.4 x86 mandatory ?
Or can we install on RHEL ?
Also can anyone provide installation steps for ISO image .

Thank-You
Rahul Shah
  • 1. Re: Installation of Oracle Databse Firewall
    Nikolay Manchev Newbie
    Oracle Database Firewall re-images the server on installation and installs Oracle Linux automatically.

There is a step-by-step video tutorial on installation & configuration available here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ljRv8GgruFA

Edited by: Nikolay Manchev on Dec 4, 2011 8:30 AM
  • 2. Re: Installation of Oracle Databse Firewall
    916307 Newbie
    Hi there,

I am trying to install the DBFW in a virtual environment and have successfully completed the steps until "ORACLE Database Firewall Tutorial - Part4: Integration Standalone Firewall With Management Server". What befuddles me more is to how did we get from Part 1 to Part 4 without being able to configure *network settings" on each of the three VMs listed below ?
    1. FWMS (Management Server)
    2. DBFW (Firewall with three network interfaces)
    3. Analyzer (Windows Server 2008 R2 VM)

I am using VM Workstation 8 and the latest updated editions of DBFW and compatible Oracle Enterprise Linux. I created a host-only network on VMWare and I am able to connect (more specifically ping) FMWS from Analyzer. I put every single interface on DBFW on the same subnet, which I think is part of the problem. I didn't understand the phrase "in-line" as described in http://www.oradba.ch/2011/04/oracle-database-firewall-test-environment/.

Please help me in getting the VMs to talk to each other so that we can proceed further to creating a DBFW demo environment on VMware.

Thanks,

Oracle DBFW Dummy
  • 3. Re: Installation of Oracle Databse Firewall
    929328 Newbie
    Ok i understood your problem.
    On your DBFW VM, the first and the second sockets should be Host Only and the third one Internal. (Better try using VirtualBox)
    Tell me if you got the network install screen at DBFW.
    If you entered network correctly then enter the IP address in the browser of the host machine and you'llget the log in screen.
    Write me for further info.
    Kirill Babeyev

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points