Oracle SQL Developer 3.0.04
Version 3.0.04
Build MAIN-04.34
IDE Version: 11.1.1.4.37.59.31
Product Version: 11.1.2.04.34
Java(TM) Platform     1.6.0_11
Oracle IDE          3.0.04.34
Versioning Support     3.0.04.34

I'm not able to collapse/expand functions/procedures with a selfdefined shortcut-key.
In Tools/Preferences/Shortcut-Keys you can define keys for "Collapse All", "Collapse Doc"
and "Collapse Methods", but none of them do anything (because it's Java-related ?).
Or do i miss something?

Collapse/Expand is a nice feature to "hide" code-fragments, but to move the mouse everytime
to klick on the minus/plus-sign instead of quickly push a key-combination is...hm...not what i want :-)
Will this be changed in 3.1?

Thank you
Markus
  • 1. Re: Collapse/Expand Shortcut-Keys
    Gary Graham Expert
    Currently Being Moderated
    Hi Markus,

Looks as though the Collapse/Expand shortcuts do not work in 3.1. I tried to define and use them on the worksheet, code editor, autotrace panel, and so on. They don't work in 2.0 either, where they were first introduced during a rewrite from the 1.5.x versions.

Problem is, they might work somewhere in the product, but I have no idea where that might be. Perhaps someone else can comment. I do not see any bugs logged in this area, another clue this is not a regression in prior behavior.

If no one else comments and provides a lead, probably the best course of action is adding this as Feature Request on the SQL Developer Exchange.

Regards,
    Gary
    SQL Developer Team

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points