3 Replies Latest reply: Nov 13, 2011 9:19 PM by Aman.... RSS

USER IO issue

We had an oracle11g setup on windows xp system. Will generating some reports we usally face user i/o wait class which delay the generation of report. Database file is located on F: on which we had 250 gb of space allocated out of which we had on 80 MB of free space. My question is whether low space availabilty of space in F:\ can occuer user i/o waits.
        • 1. Re: USER IO issue
          damorgan
          No.

If you want further help you will need to get us specific wait events and look at the file i/o metrics in the corresponding V$ views
          http://www.morganslibrary.org/reference/dyn_perf_view.html
          • 2. Re: USER IO issue
            Harmandeep Singh
            As earlier said , space is not an issue. Generate the 10046 trace of the run of one of problematic reports to see what are the actual waits there
            • 3. Re: USER IO issue
              Aman....
              Beginner wrote:
              We had an oracle11g setup on windows xp system. Will generating some reports we usally face user i/o wait class which delay the generation of report. Database file is located on F: on which we had 250 gb of space allocated out of which we had on 80 MB of free space. My question is whether low space availabilty of space in F:\ can occuer user i/o waits.
              11g's which release, 11201,11202,11203?

Its mostly unlikely that due to less space , the queries would take longer but then again, just with the given info of yours, it would be difficult to say anything precisely. Did you generate the Statspack/AWR report ? If yes, post it here. In addition to look at Dan's notes for the IO metrics, also check the below two threads to know one) what in general you should when your query takes long and two) how to post a query tuning request.

When your query takes too long ...
              HOW TO: Post a SQL statement tuning request - template posting

HTH
              Aman....