9 Replies Latest reply: Nov 15, 2011 6:47 AM by BikashBagaria RSS

Process Form Field, not modfiable

ejani
      Hello Guys,
      I want to make a field on the process form of an account to be editable only during the creation of new acocunt. Then when I go back to modify/update the account, I need this field to be display only, or at least not to be modifiable. How could I achieve this?

Thanks in advance,
      Eugert
        • 1. Re: Process Form Field, not modfiable
          BikashBagaria
          Nopes, I don't think you can do that. Even if you set the permissions, if would be for the entire form and not only just one field. Thus the way I see it working is to have an event handler. On form pre-update, you can throw an exception and don't let the form save or you can even return the previous/old value back to the form so even if changed, it would revert back.

HTH,
          BB
          • 2. Re: Process Form Field, not modfiable
            ejani
            That sounds like a very nice solution.

*"On form pre-update, you can throw an exception and don't let the form save"*
            Can I throw the exception if only a certain field is modified, but permit the update if that field is not changed? Could you give some more details on this? Some guidlines about creating the event handler would also be veri appreciated.

Thank you in advance.

Best Regards,
            Eugert
            • 3. Re: Process Form Field, not modfiable
              BikashBagaria
              What version of OIM are you on? I haven't got to throwing of error code from event handlers on process form in 11g, but have done something similar in 9.x. Theoretically it should be possible to do the same on 11g, but will need information like plugin point and entity name for the process form, that I think Oracle can provide.

-BB

Edited by: bbagaria on Nov 15, 2011 6:34 AM
              • 4. Re: Process Form Field, not modfiable
                ejani
                I am using Oracle OIM 11g (11.1.1.5.0)
                Thanks,
                Eugert
                • 5. Re: Process Form Field, not modfiable
                  Raghav
                  Hi,

is tt request based provisioning?
                  if yes, can it be implemented this way?

In request dataset allow user/administrators to enter the value for the attribute for which you have a mapping attribute in process form which is of type DOField.

(while raising request, user will enter a value for the attribute in request but that attribute in process form is DOField)

I have not tried this and let me know if this solve your requirement.

Regards,
                  Raghav.
                  • 6. Re: Process Form Field, not modfiable
                    BikashBagaria
                    891094 wrote:
                    I am using Oracle OIM 11g (11.1.1.5.0)
                    Oops! Not sure about the entity name for the process form and plugin point definition in 11g, if you can open a SR to get that and then it would be simple to check in the event handler which field is modified and if modified, then throw a validation exception.
                    I believe this event handler to be some form of validation plugin which can be attached to the process form.

I already have an SR (ER now) to get the entity name and plugin point for request pre insert, may be oracle would give be able to give you information about the process form entity name and plugin point name.

-BB
                    • 7. Re: Process Form Field, not modfiable
                      ejani
                      Hello Raghav,
                      In my situation, the users can not rise a self-request for accounts. Everything is administered by the administrators whom provisions the resources for the users. If I do the field as read-only, than the administrator can not modify it, even on the create phase.
                      • 8. Re: Process Form Field, not modfiable
                        ejani
                        For the Moment I dont have a SR code, so I could not ask Oracle for the event handler. Could you post here the information about the process form entity name and plugin point name when you get it? Some guidlines about event handles would also be appreciated, since I am a newbie on this field.
                        Thank you for your collaboration, very much appreciated.

Best Regards,
                        Eugert
                        • 9. Re: Process Form Field, not modfiable
                          BikashBagaria
                          No problem, I would try to take some time out and give it a try. I will update the thread if I find something. Meanwhile for eventhandlers, you can go through this doc: http://download.oracle.com/docs/cd/E17904_01/doc.1111/e14309/oper.htm#CCHFBGAA . Although this doc as published talks about event hanlders on users for user management, that's just one use of it, eventhandlers effectively can be applied on any of the objects in OIM, be it request, process form, lookup and etc etc. I have applied some in 9.x on lookups and process forms but had been stonewalled on 11g due to very less documentation on this subject.
                          But again we all are learning it afresh as the architecture has changed drastically.

-BB