This discussion is archived
6 Replies Latest reply: Nov 17, 2011 8:59 AM by Steve_Clamage RSS

Using on Oracle Linux 6.1

900331 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Hiya,

I'm trying to use Solaris Studio 12.2 on Oracle Linux 6.1.

I installed the JVM, and Solaris Studio installed without problems. When I go to New -> C++ Project I get a message saying "No suitable C/C++ Compilers Found".

I installed everything in the package. I've tried adding a Tool Collection under the Options menu as /opt/oracle/solstudio12.2/bin, but it's unable to find the compiler tools.

Does anyone have any idea why this happens? I've had the same release working fine under Solaris 10 previously.

Many thanks!

Cheers, James
  • 1. Re: Using on Oracle Linux 6.1
    900331 Newbie
    I've just tried running the compiler from the shell in */opt/oracle/solstudio12.2/prod/bin* and I get a message about a bad ELF interpreter.

So it seems Solaris Studio was built against 32-bit libraries, and I only have the 64-bit libraries available.

Is there a way to install both?

Thanks!
  • 2. Re: Using on Oracle Linux 6.1
    koberoi Newbie
    You need to get the 32-bit glibc from the ULN repo:

glibc.i686

Here's a thread from another forum with more info:

Running 32 bit apps on Oracle Linux Server release 6.0

/kso
  • 3. Re: Using on Oracle Linux 6.1
    900331 Newbie
    Brilliant, that did it. I also had to install the glibc-headers and glibc-dev packages.

I'm now able to build and run from the shell. If I hit Run Main Project or Debug Main Project, I get this output:

Process is started in an external terminal ...
    No such file or directory
    RUN FAILED

My PATH variable is:

/usr/lib64/qt-3.3/bin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/bin:/bin:/usr/local/sbin:/usr/sbin:/sbin:/home/james/bin

Additionally, has anyone been able to build Boost using Solaris Studio? I've executed:

# PATH = /opt/oracle/solstudio12.2/bin:$PATH
    # export path
    # cd /usr/include/boost_1_48_0
    # ./bootstrap.sh --with-toolset=sun
    # ./b2 install

I'm seeing many errors here, the first is:

sun.compile.c++ bin.v2/libs/graph/build/sun/release/stdlib-sun-stlport/threading-multi/read_graphviz_new.o
    "./boost/numeric/conversion/detail/preprocessed/numeric_cast_traits.hpp", line 30: Error: Multiple declaration for boost::numeric::numeric_cast_traits<char, char, void>.

Help is very much appreciated. Thanks again!

Edited by: 897328 on 16-Nov-2011 03:55
  • 4. Re: Using on Oracle Linux 6.1
    NikMolchanov Newbie
    I'm now able to build and run from the shell. If I hit Run Main Project or Debug Main Project, I get this output:

RUN FAILED
    Unfortunately this IDE message is incomplete - it does not say which file it did not find.
    I guess it did not find the binary that is used as external terminal (something like "gnome-terminal").
    As a workaround you can try to switch to "internal" terminal (Output window). I'll ask the IDE team
    if the problem with this error message is already filed as a bug.

Thanks.
    Nik
  • 5. Re: Using on Oracle Linux 6.1
    900694 Newbie
    RUN FAILED
    If you speaks about kterminal from KDE4, then you can use xterm or gnome terminal.

Edited by: Valeriy Soldatov on 17.11.2011 23:19
  • 6. Re: Using on Oracle Linux 6.1
    Steve_Clamage Pro
    Additionally, has anyone been able to build Boost using Solaris Studio? I've executed:
    I'm seeing many errors here, the first is:

sun.compile.c++ bin.v2/libs/graph/build/sun/release/stdlib-sun-stlport/threading-multi/read_graphviz_new.o
    "./boost/numeric/conversion/detail/preprocessed/numeric_cast_traits.hpp", line 30: Error: Multiple declaration for boost::numeric::numeric_cast_traits<char, char, void>.
    Someone else ran into that same problem. We are investigating. Please follow this thread for more developments:
    https://forums.oracle.com/forums/thread.jspa?threadID=2310992

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points