This discussion is archived
3 Replies Latest reply: Nov 18, 2011 3:23 AM by Sebastian Solbach (DBA Community) RSS

check new nodes

582889 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Hi

This was my exam question last week, not sure about the answer.
Appreciate your help.

The cluster origanally consisted of four nodes: RACNODE1, RACNODE2, RACNODE3 and RACNODE3.
Now two nodes called RACNODE5 and RACNODE6 have been installed and connected to the cluster.
Which three should be performed to check whether the new nodes are ready for running addNode.sh and to help correct problems ?

a-)cluft stage -pre crsinst -n RACNODE5/RACNODE6 -C +DATA -q +VOTE -orainv
b-)<oinstall group> -fixup -verbose
c-)clufy stage -post hwos -n RACNODE5,RACNODE6 -verbose
d-)clufy comp peer -refnode RACNODEI -n RACNODE6,RACNODE6 -orainv <oinstall group> -osdba <asmdba group> -verbose
e-)clufy stage -post hwos -n all -verbose
f-)clufy stage -pre nodeadd -n RACNODES5,RACNODE6 -fixup
g-)clufy comp peer -refnode RACNODE5 -n RACNODE6 -orainv <oinstall group> -osdba <asmdba group> -verbose
  • 1. Re: check new nodes
    696867 Explorer
    Here is my take:

a-)Bad Syntax
    b-)Meaning less
    d-)Existing nodes does not include RACNODEI
    g-)RACNODE5 is not a meaningful refnode

Answer:
    -------
    c-)clufy stage -post hwos -n RACNODE5,RACNODE6 -verbose
    e-)clufy stage -post hwos -n all -verbose
    f-)clufy stage -pre nodeadd -n RACNODES5,RACNODE6 -fixup

I am curious what test did you take and how were you able to copy the questions with you?

I hope you passed.

Cheers!
  • 2. Re: check new nodes
    582889 Newbie
    Hi orafun,

One last question:
    You have a four node cluster with four node VIPS and three scan VIPS already in use after Grid infrastructure installation
    You plan to manage a customer-developed, web based application with the Oracle Grid Infrastructure to provide high availability.
    Which two statements are true about the vip application resource that must be created ?

a-)The vip application must be active on the same subnet and ethernet adaptor as the interconnect
    b-)The vip application must be active on the same subnet and ethernet adaptor as the public ip address
    c-)The vip application must not be online on the same node as any of the scan vips.
    d-)The vip application must be active on a different node than the application depending on Che
    by using the dispersion start dependecy in the resource definition
    e-) The vip application must be enabled to run as the root user
  • 3. Re: check new nodes
    Sebastian Solbach (DBA Community) Guru
    Hi,

while probably the answer is b.) and e.) they wanted to hear, you could however argue over a):

a.) While normally it does not make sense to have a VIP on the interconnect, I had this cases when configuring exadata, where some applications wanted to explicitly connect over the fast infiniband network. But given this is a special use case and you probably do not have an application running on this VIP as well, it normally does not apply.

Regards
    Sebastian

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points