This discussion is archived
1 Reply Latest reply: Nov 23, 2012 2:50 AM by snmdla RSS

Beehive enhancement of the day: furthering the Zimbra Web Client

snmdla Explorer
Currently Being Moderated
With the decision to leverage Zimbra as Web frontend for its collab server, Oracle has surely provided a powerful web client to all of its Beehive customers.

To my knowledgs, product management has no current plans to further enhance the web client, nor to deploy future versions of Zimbra on top of Beehive.

There are quite a few enhancement requests pending for Zimbra. Here are my favourite ones:

ER 12570523: NEED OPTION TO SELECT TEAM WORKSPACE CONTACTS FROM NEW EMAIL COMPOSE WINDOW
ER 8817293: UNABLE TO MOVE A PERSONAL WORKSPACE FOLDER INTO A TEAM WORKSPACE LINK IN ZIMBRA
ER 10634736: SUPPORT FOR MOVING FOLDERS BETWEEN PERSONAL WORKSPACE AND TEAM WORKSPACE
ER 9901377: ZIMBRA SEARCH IN LINKED FOLDER IS NEEDED AS SUPPORTED FEATURE
ER 11890869: SUPPORT OF ZIMBRA MOBILE WEB CLIENT

If you agree that Oracle should revise its decision not to further develop the Zimbra web client, please second these enhancement requests through Oracle support.

Thanks, Tom
  • 1. Re: Beehive enhancement of the day: furthering the Zimbra Web Client
    snmdla Explorer
    Currently Being Moderated
    yesterday I used Beehive Zimbra with Android mobile for the 1st time (our policy does not allow external IMAP),
    and I was brought back to the impression that Beehive would definitely benefit from the implementation of

ER 11890869: SUPPORT OF ZIMBRA MOBILE WEB CLIENT

Even with Quarter HD (960, ×, 540) resolution you cannot properly operate the classic Zimbra web client without getting crazy!

Please, all: do consider seconding this ER in MOS!

Regards, Thomas

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points