This discussion is archived
2 Replies Latest reply: Nov 22, 2011 6:53 PM by Hussein Sawwan-Oracle RSS

what is the Partitioning Option license methods with E-Business Suite

user13109650 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
I have an E-business suite instance that have some database objects modified but not the objects that use the partitioning option by application defaults and also we didn't implement or use the partitioning option with any other objects; so I'm wondering if i have to pay the license fees for this option or it included in the restricted-use license as long as we didn't use it in any other objects or even modifying the objects that use it by the apps defaults.

Thanks.

Mohamed El-Saied
  • 1. Re: what is the Partitioning Option license methods with E-Business Suite
    Srini Chavali-Oracle Oracle ACE Director
    Pl post details of OS, database and EBS versions.

You will need to contact your Oracle Salesperson for details.

Typically, if you implement partitioning on base or custom tables, you will need to license partitioning.

http://blogs.oracle.com/roller-ui/bsc/spider.jsp?entry=MT%3aENTRY%3a4675

HTH
    Srini
  • 2. Re: what is the Partitioning Option license methods with E-Business Suite
    Hussein Sawwan-Oracle Employee ACE
    I have an E-business suite instance that have some database objects modified but not the objects that use the partitioning option by application defaults and also we didn't implement or use the partitioning option with any other objects; so I'm wondering if i have to pay the license fees for this option or it included in the restricted-use license as long as we didn't use it in any other objects or even modifying the objects that use it by the apps defaults.
    Review your license/support contract and see if the option is included. By default, partitioning in not included in EBS license and it requires a separate license -- http://blogs.oracle.com/stevenChan/entry/using_database_partitioning_wi

Thanks,
    Hussein

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points