1 2 Previous Next 18 Replies Latest reply: Nov 19, 2011 3:49 PM by alan.pae Go to original post RSS
      • 15. Re: Solaris 11 livecd Fails to complete installation properly
        alan.pae
        Hard disk 3: (This is the intended layout of the HDD)
        Partition 1: 330GB: Windows 7 (NTFS)
        Partition 2: 250GB: Solaris 11 (ZFS)
        Partition 4: 100GB: Video & Music Files (NTFS)
        What happened to partition 3?

Here's what I would do next. Make sure you have a full system backup. Run the installer. Leave Partition 1 alone. Partition 2 should be marked as Solaris 2. Set any others to unused. Run the install. I don't think it will touch the other partitions but if it does then you have the backup. Just partition and restore. Have two known good backups before starting.

alan
        • 16. Re: Solaris 11 livecd Fails to complete installation properly
          Partition 2 & 3 used to be 2 different OS's but were both removed, as 3 wasn't needed anymore and 2 is becoming Solaris 11.

Ok i'll will try it out and inform you of how it goes.

Edited by: OLSVR-Z9000 on Nov 18, 2011 7:10 PM
          • 17. Re: Solaris 11 livecd Fails to complete installation properly
            So i marked the Video & music partition as unused, which meant it was erased, no big deal i already had at least 2 copies of the contents on that partition. But the upside is that Solaris did install properly.

Thank you very much :)

On a different note, do you guys know how to enable it so that desktop effects are enabled. If i click on appearance and visual effects and then try to enable normal or extra it just says "desktop effects could not be enabled"

Currently my graphics card is recognized in the device manager but it is running in vgatxt even though its on a DVI output. I am wanting to enable the graphics card so i can make an extended desktop instead of a cloned desktop on 2 monitors.
            I would edit xorg config directly but the location of it is different in solaris.

Edited by: OLSVR-Z9000 on Nov 19, 2011 2:52 AM
            • 18. Re: Solaris 11 livecd Fails to complete installation properly
              alan.pae
              OLSVR-Z9000 wrote:
              So i marked the Video & music partition as unused, which meant it was erased, no big deal i already had at least 2 copies of the contents on that partition. But the upside is that Solaris did install properly.

Thank you very much :)
              :-).

Now I can pretend to be Rimini Street. Won't install, huh. Simple. Mark some partition as unused and try again. Works? Good. That'll be $1,000,000. I'll retire after three help calls.

>
              On a different note, do you guys know how to enable it so that desktop effects are enabled. If i click on appearance and visual effects and then try to enable normal or extra it just says "desktop effects could not be enabled"
              Please start a new thread. It's buried to far down.

alan
              1 2 Previous Next