Forum Stats

• 3,679,580 Users
  • 57,523 Discussions
  • 190,817 Comments

Discussions

Check out Oracle NetSuite upcoming events and conferences here
NetSuite Maintenance - September 25
Please note that on Saturday, September 25, 2021, at 10:00 PM Pacific time, our Case Management System will undergo a scheduled maintenance for approximately 180 minutes. During this time, case creation via SuiteAnswers will be unavailable and inbound calls will be routed to Customer Service.
Cheers to 1️⃣0️⃣ years of #SuiteWorld! 🎉 We’re celebrating by extending the Super Saver Pass AND launching the digital On Air experience TODAY! Whether you join us in-person or digitally, we can’t wait to make even more memories with you. https://lnkd.in/dGpPpmUV
Webinar | COSTING 101: Learning the Basics of Inventory Costing webinar was a success! Please take a minute to fill out this short survey. For those who missed it - Don't worry! Here's the link to the recorded session!
NetSuite Support Assistant: A quicker way to get answers to your basic NetSuite questions
The NetSuite Support Assistant is a convenient chatbot SuiteApp that provides quick responses to your basic questions directly from your NetSuite Account.
Click NetSuite Support Assistant Now Available for more details.
Release Preview 2021.2

If you would like to receive a 2021.2 Release Preview account, please opt -in to take advantage of the Release Preview access period to prepare and become familiar with the new NetSuite capabilities. For details, see Requesting a Release Preview Account.

If you receive a Release Preview account in 2021.2, you can access it several weeks before your production account is scheduled for an upgrade to the new release of NetSuite. Notifications with details about Release Preview availability are sent to the account administrators as described in Release Preview Notifications. Release Preview availability information is also posted on the New Release portlet.

WORKFLOW TO DETECT DUPLICATE RECORDS

MichelCA
MichelCA Member, forum_userscommunity_users Posts: 19 Green Ribbon
edited Aug 26, 2021 6:16PM in Ask A Guru IPv6

In my purcharse invoices I have a custom field and the information that is put in this field is sometimes repeated in others purcharse invoices and we want to avoid this duplication in the information of the field.

I did a saved search to find the purchase invoices that have the information in this duplicate custom field, I helped me with an article of SuiteAnswer ( https://netsuite.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/33417/kw/duplicate%20search%20saved ) but I would also like to put in my invoices a message that tells me that I have other purcharse invoices with the same information but putting my saved search in the workflow doesn't work.

Is there another way to do this?

Thanks!

Best Answer

• Joahnna Given Uy-Oracle
    Joahnna Given Uy-Oracle Member, forum_netsuite_mod, ORACLE_EMPLOYEE Posts: 134 Silver Badge

Hi @MichelCA ,

Thank you for your quick response.

I have checked into this and I have found out that as of now, it is now possible through basic customization of workflow but this can be done scripting.

Kindly refer to this thread for more information about your concern:

You may also refer to SuiteAnswers ID 82133. Note that you might need to change some of the codes for this to work.

Thank you,

Joahnna

=========================

If you find this reply to your question as helpful, others with the same question might find it helpful as well. By marking “Yes” on the “Did this answer your question?”, you’ll be able to aid the community to find the solution much easier and faster without the need to read through all the replies.

Answers

• Dominica Sevilla-Oracle
    Dominica Sevilla-Oracle Member, forum_netsuite_mod, ORACLE_EMPLOYEE Posts: 364 Bronze Trophy

Hello @MichelCA,

Glad to have you with us today. Thank you for creating another thread. 😊

Allow our gurus to review your concern and perform their initial investigation. We will reach out again if we have updates on this. Thank you so much!

To other users, feel free join in the discussion as well. 😊

Dominica Sevilla - Oracle | Ask a Guru

Joahnna Given Uy-Oracle Member, forum_netsuite_mod, ORACLE_EMPLOYEE Posts: 134 Silver Badge

Hi @MichelCA ,

Good day.

Would it be possible to send us the screenshot of the Saved Search you have created and the workflow as well? Also, kindly include the Custom Field and the Record with the Custom Field.

Thank you,

Joahnna

• MichelCA

Hi @Joahnna Given Uy-Oracle ,

Of course, my saved search is the next.

In criteria/Standard I have this parameters:

Note: The option in yellow is the custom field.

In criteria/Summary I have this parameters:

And the results I have the next parameters:

Now, my workflow has the next configuration:

• Record type: transaction
    • Subtypes: Vendor Bill
    • Initiation: Event Based
    • Event Definition: On create, on view or update.
    • Saved search condition: Name of my saved search.

I only have a state that at the moment has to return User Error when the information of the custom field is repeated but at the moment it doesn't show me anything and my state has:

• Trigger on: Entry
    • Event Types: View, edit.
    • And it has the message to the user error.

The results that the saved search shows me are:

Hi @MichelCA ,

Thank you for your quick response.

I have checked into this and I have found out that as of now, it is now possible through basic customization of workflow but this can be done scripting.

Kindly refer to this thread for more information about your concern:

You may also refer to SuiteAnswers ID 82133. Note that you might need to change some of the codes for this to work.

Thank you,

Joahnna

=========================

If you find this reply to your question as helpful, others with the same question might find it helpful as well. By marking “Yes” on the “Did this answer your question?”, you’ll be able to aid the community to find the solution much easier and faster without the need to read through all the replies.

Hi ,

Did the given solution above help address your requirement?

If so, we would greatly appreciate you giving us an update and clicking "Yes" on “Did this answer your question?” for the solution post which will also help us and the other community members track replies that are meaningful.

If not, we would be glad to assist you further.

Thank you,

Joahnna

• MichelCA
    edited Sep 7, 2021 6:06PM IPv6

Hi @Joahnna Given Uy-Oracle,

Thanks for your comments.

With the workflow I could not get it to work but with the help of a suiteScript I was able to do the validation and display the message..

This is the suiteScript:

The code works fine when I make a new transaction but sometimes when I have to edit a transaction it won't let me save it because I get the message.

This is a example of a transaction in wich the information in the transaction UUID field (field marked in red) is unique, that is, there is no other transaction with the same information. In this case, it does not allow me to save the purchase invoice because it takes it as if it already existed.

Is there a way to make the same transaction not be considered after creating or editing it?

Hi,

Apologies if I have not been able to update you earlier.

Thank you for your response regarding this.

Unfortunately, it is not possible to make the same transaction not be considered after creating or editing it.

Thank you