Forum Stats

• 3,679,582 Users
  • 57,524 Discussions
  • 190,820 Comments

Discussions

Check out Oracle NetSuite upcoming events and conferences here
NetSuite Maintenance - September 25
Please note that on Saturday, September 25, 2021, at 10:00 PM Pacific time, our Case Management System will undergo a scheduled maintenance for approximately 180 minutes. During this time, case creation via SuiteAnswers will be unavailable and inbound calls will be routed to Customer Service.
Cheers to 1️⃣0️⃣ years of #SuiteWorld! 🎉 We’re celebrating by extending the Super Saver Pass AND launching the digital On Air experience TODAY! Whether you join us in-person or digitally, we can’t wait to make even more memories with you. https://lnkd.in/dGpPpmUV
Webinar | COSTING 101: Learning the Basics of Inventory Costing webinar was a success! Please take a minute to fill out this short survey. For those who missed it - Don't worry! Here's the link to the recorded session!
NetSuite Support Assistant: A quicker way to get answers to your basic NetSuite questions
The NetSuite Support Assistant is a convenient chatbot SuiteApp that provides quick responses to your basic questions directly from your NetSuite Account.
Click NetSuite Support Assistant Now Available for more details.
Release Preview 2021.2

If you would like to receive a 2021.2 Release Preview account, please opt -in to take advantage of the Release Preview access period to prepare and become familiar with the new NetSuite capabilities. For details, see Requesting a Release Preview Account.

If you receive a Release Preview account in 2021.2, you can access it several weeks before your production account is scheduled for an upgrade to the new release of NetSuite. Notifications with details about Release Preview availability are sent to the account administrators as described in Release Preview Notifications. Release Preview availability information is also posted on the New Release portlet.

Marketing Emails Sent from Campaign

PaulFleetwood
PaulFleetwood Member, forum_userscommunity_users Posts: 541 Blue Ribbon

Is there any documentation on the definition of the 'Responses' from Marketing Campaign emails?

Running a Saved Search for emails sent from Campaigns (grouped by Response) I get this:

I'm not sure why 244 were queued but only 174 send and 4 bounced? (missing 66 emails)

I assume that customers who are opted out are not even Queued? Searching the Customer Group I have 398 customers with 246 of these not opted out. I checked these emails in Excel and found 2 duplicates which would correlate with the 244 emails queued.

On the Sent EMail List from NetSuite I can see the 244 emails sent, and 6 not sent (which doesn't match the 4 bounced, but is close enough).

So I can't understand why the 'Sent' total is 174?

When viewed under the 'Event Responses' tab of the Marketing Campaign, this also shows only 174 sent, and therefore all the percentages shown for opened / clicked etc are incorrect (as they are based on 174 sent)

Am I missing something here? Or is there a flaw in the way NetSuite records the emails sent?

I accept that these are all based on Dynamic groups, so it is impossible to accurately check numbers after the event (as the group members could change) - but there is a clear difference between the number of emails sent (from the Marketing Campaign screens and searches), and the actual Sent Email search?

We have seen these discrepancies on various email campaigns, but strangely they seem to occur only on Customer emails, but not Contact emails.

Best Answer

• Michelle Jabanes-Oracle
    Michelle Jabanes-Oracle forum_netsuite_mod, ORACLE_EMPLOYEE Posts: 1,145 Gold Trophy

Apologies for the confusion, Paul. I meant, in this case, the campaign emails were sent out, but there was no response code gathered from the recipient's end. That is the reason why the campaign statistics was not updated. Please navigate to Reports > Marketing > Campaign Response > Customize Summary > Click Preview. Can you please confirm the number of Sent, Bounced and Failed campaign emails?

Thanks,

Michelle Jabanes | Ask a Guru

Answers

• Emilia Ironov-Oracle
    Emilia Ironov-Oracle Member, forum_netsuite_mod, ORACLE_EMPLOYEE Posts: 703 Gold Trophy

Hi Paul,

Thank you for creating this thread!

Please allow our gurus/members to look into this and update you for any findings. 

Also tagging my colleague @Michelle Jabanes-Oracle -- need your expertise here.

To other users who may have insights with regard to this topic, feel free to add your comments by replying to this thread.  

Kind regards,

Emilia Ironov - Oracle | Ask a Guru

Michelle Jabanes-Oracle forum_netsuite_mod, ORACLE_EMPLOYEE Posts: 1,145 Gold Trophy

Hi Paul,

The numbers in Queued status shows all the emails sent out of NetSuite and Sent means NetSuite received a response from the recipient's servers.

You can also refer to SuiteAnswers ID : 9413 (Tracking Campaign Responses).

I hope this helps.

Thanks,

If you find the reply to your question as helpful, others with the same question might find it helpful as well. By marking “Yes” on the “Did this answer your question”, you’ll be able to aid the community to find the solution much easier and faster without the need to read through all the replies.

• PaulFleetwood

Michelle

The SuiteAnswers article says:

• Queued – The email is in a queue to be sent but has not yet been sent.

But that doesn't make sense in my examples above because the Sent EMail list shows 244 sent successfully.

You are saying (different to the SuiteAnswers article) that the 174 'Sent' emails are ones where the recipient email server responded (presumably positively) to confirm receipt of the email. Therefore the remaining 70 (244-174) have actually been sent out, but we don't know if they were received.

This makes the figures shown in the Event Responses tab very misleading.....

Apologies for the confusion, Paul. I meant, in this case, the campaign emails were sent out, but there was no response code gathered from the recipient's end. That is the reason why the campaign statistics was not updated. Please navigate to Reports > Marketing > Campaign Response > Customize Summary > Click Preview. Can you please confirm the number of Sent, Bounced and Failed campaign emails?

Thanks,

• PaulFleetwood

Michelle

I haven't really tried using the Marketing Reports (to be honest we rarely use reports outside of Finance!), but I think I have configured it correctly. I filtered it to the relevant Campaign ID.

This is what I am seeing:

Which appears to be the same as the Event Responses:

But the sent email list still shows 340:

You'll see on the date dropdown there is 31/08 mentioned - there is one test email that was sent on 31st August, so that leaves 339 that are showing as sent in the Sent Email List.

So from what you are saying, all the emails in the sent email list have been sent, but only those with a response from the recipient server show as 'sent' in all the Marketing statistics?

And if I use a Saved Search with the Response Detail to find out how many were actually sent, I need to use the Queued figures (which are 244 and 95, giving the figure of 339 that matches the Sent Email List)

Yes, you are correct. Although, there are some cases that the Queued is delayed and you'll just have to wait for it to update.

Thanks,

Hi Paul,

I'd like to follow up on this thread. Please let me know if you have further questions. If there's none, kindly click "Yes" on "Did this answer the question?" if you find the reply on your thread helpful. This will aid the others with the same question to easily find the correct answer.

Thanks,