So the Activity forms and reports (Phone Calls etc) use the field 'Company' to hold the Customer it relates to (I think because you can apply a Phone Call to a Vendor as well, and this would go into the same field).
I have created a Custom SubTab to display all previous phone calls on a new Phone Call form (and the saved search links nicely using the Company field).
I also want to show previous Emails (Messages) and User Notes.
The saved search for User Notes does seem to have a Company field (in Results) - but this field is not available in the Filters tab (and so cannot be linked in as a SubTab
The saved search for Messages does not have Company, and only has Customer fields - which are available as filters, but I can't then match them to the SubTab definition to filter the search (presumably because it can't match 'Customer' with 'Company'
Is this just a limitation of the way these records have been designed, or is there a way to link Customer-Company (or an alternative way to get the SubTab to match the data)?