Hi,
I've developed two Suitelets for our customers which they can access through the Customer Center.
I'd like to add some functions that would need to store information on the logged in user's Contact record based on user input. But I've run into an issue. When using either of the below functions, the returned user ID belongs to the customer record, not the contact:
var context = nlapiGetContext();
var userID = context.getUser(); // returns internal id of CUSTOMER
var userName = context.getName(); // returns display name of CUSTOMER
Same when using the direct API:
var userID = nlapiGetUser(); // returns internal id of CUSTOMER
On the other hand, the email address works as intended:
var context = nlapiGetContext();
var userEmail = context.getEmail(); // returns email address of CONTACT
Unfortunately, the email address is not always unique to a single contact, so I cannot use it reliably to load the required contact record. Is there some other way to get the contact's internal id? Couldn't find anything in SuiteAnswers or from the search on this platform.