Hey all, first-time poster here, forgive me. 😅
I’ve recently started looking more closely at the transition away from Bundles toward SuiteCloud/SDF, as that is the direction being actively encouraged.
So, I set up and deployed my first Account Customisation project. For internal use, this seemed like the appropriate alternative, seeing as SuiteApp development requires additional programs/subscriptions.
However, I’ve run into what appears to be a significant gap in the deployment model, and honestly, I'm left baffled.
With Bundles, you could uninstall them, which provides a form of rollback. It offered a basic level of safety if a customisation/deployment needed to be reversed.
With Account Customisations, there does not appear to be an equivalent. Once changes are deployed, there is no built-in rollback or uninstall mechanism, at least that I could find. Changes must be manually reversed.
This feels like a significant step backwards, and a fairly serious limitation.
I’d like to clarify:
- Is it correct that SDF deployments do not support any form of rollback/uninstall?
- Are there established workflows that effectively replace the rollback capability that Bundles provided?
At the moment, this seems like a fundamental gap in the tooling, so I’d appreciate any guidance or clarification from those with more experience.