How would you rate your Oracle Analytics skills from 1 to 10? 1 being beginner and 10 being expert.
I have 15 yrs of experience in Oracle ERP (Ebiz and Fusion) both.
OTBI literally does not work when you combine 2 or 3 subject areas, everything works absurdly…
There are no clear guidelines on how to join 2 subject areas. There is no facility write outer joins or inline queries.
Simple Example: We had a requirement to create a Goals report which shows 1. Plan, 2. Goals & 3. Person & Assignment info. we used 3 subject areas and literally we got all absurd results. (even after including yellow columns and common column from common folder)
Finally, I happily created a BIP report which worked the way we expected. But my client and manager said they could have done it better and quicker in OTBI. May god forbid any OTBI work in future for me.
@RahulMore — the promise of "FDI Operational Reporting" in the future might reduce the pain :-); i hope.
9 —- Been using OBIEE/OAC/OAS since Oracle purchased Siebel Analytics in 2005 — 20 years! — when I worked for Oracle. Went to a bootcamp in Orlando in 2006 and have been working with it continuously since then. As an independent consultant, I purchased a single license myself for BICS, the long forgotten grandfather of OAC. It's amazing to see how far OAC has come since those days.
When I am better skilled at ML and AI predictive analytics, I will put myself in the 9-10 category. Until then, pretty close. I, too, have been in love with Oracle's analytics since it was fresh off of Hyperion and became OBIEE Answers. With OAC's DV, businesses can move past standard operational reporting and can usher a new era of data analysis. DV is easy to use and doesn't require heavy programming. Every business can streamline their processes and make data-driven decisions with this tool!
Oracle Analytics can be way better than limiting developers into oblivion of product limitation. TIred of explaining to users we can only do this unlike OTBI. Way much improved though but developer hands are tied of functionalities - for example placing a page break into exports / showing a single page but while exporting to PDF it should get into multiple pages.
I placed 3-4 because I can only do basic visualizations and is why I didn't do the competition. Need to do more in DV. Currently working on moving my OAC Classic analysis to DV Workbooks and finding it harder thanI thought.
Worked on OBIEE, (OBIEE, Informatica and DAC) combination
Someone should do a Venn diagram of what Oracle sell vs what the product actually does.
As we depart the 20th Century I sincerely hope that Oracle might discover there are versions of Excel after 2007 and we may finally get a chance to use it as a BIP template.
Having said that, Oracle Analytics as part of Fusion Analytics Warehouse/Fusion Data Intelligence/ is a massive improvement over OTBI analyses. Not only can you customize subject areas, you can report across existing ones, the interface is far less clunky and it is being improved with each release.
I came from OBIEE/OBIA as well. Still on Informatica and DAC and now running into an issue in replacing or moving away from them.
Description: The Oracle Fusion Data Intelligence (FDI) Product Roadmap Update provides an overview of the latest developments and future plans for FDI. Oracle Product Management experts will share upcoming capabilities, key enhancements, and product direction, helping attendees understand what is changing and how these…
Description: Join the OCI Enterprise AI Product Management team for a deep dive into the latest product roadmap updates and upcoming innovations. During this webinar, we’ll cover key roadmap highlights, showcase product demos, and share insights into what’s ahead for OCI Enterprise AI. The session will conclude with a live…
Agenda Presentation: FDI Security & Deep Dive into GL Segment Security. We are revisiting FDI Security - a top topic requested by our Office Hours attendees. We will begin with an overview of key security concepts and how security is managed in FDI. We will then dive deeper into GL Segment Security across Fusion and FDI…