Dear all,

This is my enviroment settings:

Clusterware : 10.2.0.4
RAC Database : 10.2.0.4

Node1: Bond0--including eth0 & eth1--> for Public IP using IP 193.X.X.X
Bond1--including eth2 & eth3--> for RAC interconnect using IP 172.16.X.X

Node2: Bond0--including eth0 & eth1--> for Public IP using IP 193.X.X.X
Bond1--including eth2 & eth3--> for RAC interconnect using IP 172.16.X.X

When I pulled out the lines in both eth0&eth1 on Node1, I use the command " cat /proc/net/bonding/bond0 " to ensure that bond0 is offline, but I CANT see my VIPinNode1 failover to Node2; and when I type "$CRS_HOME/bin/crs_stat -t" on both Node1 and Node2, it shows that the VIPinNode1 is "STILL IN NODE1"....... But the right process should the VIP be failed over from Node1 to Node2, isn't it ?

I can't figure out what's wrong and why the VIP do not fail over. Is there any log I can check for more clues?

By the way, when I totally shutdown Node1, the vip will correctly failover to Node2.

Can any one help me to find out why VIP does not failover when public network interface is down ?

Any help would be appreciated.

Answers

682682 Member Posts: 46
    Hi,
    did you check racgimon process is running from DB home?

Thanks,
    Keyur
  • bentw
    bentw Member Posts: 16
    Dear Keyur,

Thanks for the reply.

After googling, I found something insteresting about this: "when you made the public interface redundant with os bonding, the racgvip script does not detect when all interfaces in the bond are disconnected."

You can open the weblink to see what I mean : http://freekdhooge.wordpress.com/2009/11/03/two-oracle-rac-bugs-on-the-wall-two-oracle-bugs-take-one-down/

And finally, I got this issue solved by editing the $CRS_HOME/bin/racgvip script. I set the MIITOOL variable to a non existing location, and it works for me-----VIP can failover when my public bonding is down !
This discussion has been closed.