• 3,836,844 Users
  • 2,262,198 Discussions
  • 7,900,128 Comments

Discussions

End the checkin process

754555 Member Posts: 44
edited Nov 8, 2013 1:59AM in WebCenter Content
Hi,

Does anyone know how to quit the checkin process and go to another service or page in validateStandard.

Thanks,

Edited by: user8960906 on Mar 4, 2010 7:48 AM
Tagged:

Answers

• r.dipk
    r.dipk Member Posts: 317
    Hi Sean
    Do you want to execute some other process before checkin the document? Is this what you are trying to do?

regards,
    deepak
    Hi, deepak,

yes, i want to do some metadata fields duplicated validation to decide whether continue or stop the checkin process, do you have any idea about that?? i dont know what is the proper way to do that?

thanks a lot for your help.
    Sean
  • r.dipk
    In that case it would be good idea to use CheckDocRule filter instead of validateStandard.

Or else you can return false from the filter. That way the user will be redirected to error page instead of confimration page.

let me know if you need additional help

regards,
    deepak
    HI deepak,

Thanks so much for your reply, um....would you mind to describe more detail about how to use it? coz i see there are some parameters passed in the action.

Sean
  • r.dipk
    Hi sean,
    Tell me what do you want to do on failure of criteria. Do you want to redirect to some other page or show error page to users.

regards,
    deepak
    actually what i want to do is, after users clicked the check in button, a validation process will be executed to check metadata fields, let say if the document title is same as another existing checked in doc, a page, maybe a msg_page will be shown is notice user there are some duplicated fields, and let user to click continue or cancel the checkin process.
    746458 Member Posts: 587
    The Content Categorizer component works in a similar way to this (it can break up the check in process to the initial check in page and then a secondary confirmation page which keeps the 'state' of the checkin.

You could use that as a reference

Tim
  • Be careful with this kind of validation. Checking metadata field values for duplicates is rarely a good contraindication for uniqueness unless you are deriving or automatically assigning those values. this is because the content server doesn't care if you have 1 or 100,000 of the same files checked in. It will treat them all as unique and that uniqueness is carried solely in the dID and dDocName (aka Content ID) fields (dID as revision uniqueness, dDocName as content set uniqueness).

Also realize that, due to security requirements, a user may never know that the same file is in the content server. Returning an error saying "this is already in here" may not help the user if s/he cannot get to it because it's in a security group, account, or ACL to which they do not have READ access.

Maybe consider doing checksum or something a bit more solid than metadata.

Warmly,
    Billy Cripe
    Fishbowl Solutions
    970113 Member Posts: 57

hi Sean,

Can you please give me some detail how you will did this. Because i have to do something same as you are doing. But i am not able to do it till now. It will be very helpful if you give me some detail how you will achieve this.

Thanks in advance.

This discussion has been closed.