Forum Stats

• 3,874,237 Users
  • 2,266,700 Discussions
  • 7,911,777 Comments

Discussions

NTFS initialization problem

3004 Member Posts: 204,171 Green Ribbon
When I start iFS (1.0.8.1.0 on 8.1.6 on NT)
under my default userid, the O drive is never mounted. When I look at the NTFS Log I see the msg "no ifsproxy in shared library path". However, when I log on as the NT administrator, everything works fine. My default user id has administrator priviledges... Any idea what gives? (I would like to NOT have to use Administrator since this is a standalone machine...)

Comments

Hi there !
    But I've tried both options i.e. log in as NT Administrator and sytem/manager and Administrator is also an iFS account.
    But I still get the same error message
    "no ifsproxy in shared library path"
    please write to me if you 've any solution to this error.
    Regards,
    Chiman
    <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by ronb ():
    When I start iFS (1.0.8.1.0 on 8.1.6 on NT)
    under my default userid, the O drive is never mounted. When I look at the NTFS Log I see the msg "no ifsproxy in shared library path". However, when I log on as the NT administrator, everything works fine. My default user id has administrator priviledges... Any idea what gives? (I would like to NOT have to use Administrator since this is a standalone machine...)
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

null
    We have had several reports of problems with missing ifsproxy.dll, but we have not yet been able to isolate what caused the problem.

But see http://technet.oracle.com:89/ubb/Forum36/HTML/000196.html

for how to work around the problem.
This discussion has been closed.