This site is currently read-only as we are migrating to Oracle Forums for an improved community experience. You will not be able to initiate activity until January 30th, when you will be able to use this site as normal.

Forum Stats

• 3,890,116 Users
  • 2,269,775 Discussions
  • 7,916,823 Comments

Discussions

Text Comparisons/Manipulation

774460 Member Posts: 3
I am working on a project that requires me to compare part of an input parameter to a predefined variable.

There are two comparisons that most products are shipped with and which are required for this project.

Contains:- checks for an occurrence of the specified value within the attribute.
Eample
Variable x contains "BCD"
Variable x = "A*_BCD_*E"

Starts with:- checks for an occurrence of the specified value at the begining of an attribute.
Example
Variable x Starts With "ABC"
Variable x = "*_ABC_*DE"

A custom function is not really a proposition due to the projects resistance to customisation of OPA. Using complex rule logic to mimic this function (if at all possible) is not really a solution as the rules are going to be updated/changed/added to on a daily basis and the rules have to be kept as simple and repeatable as possible.

Does anybody know if there is a plan to add more text manipulation and comparison functions for V10.2?
Can anybody suggest a simple repeatable solution to this problem.

I would be happy to provide more examples if necessary.
Tagged:

Answers

• Brad Tuckett-Oracle
    Brad Tuckett-Oracle Intelligent Advisor (OPA) Product Development Canberra, AustraliaModerator Posts: 645 Employee
    user11236161 wrote:
    Does anybody know if there is a plan to add more text manipulation and comparison functions for V10.2?
    We are planning to add more text manipulation and examination functions in future versions.
    I would be happy to provide more examples if necessary.
    Not necessary but would help us understand the real world requirements.

Brad Tuckett, Intelligent Advisor team

Brad Tuckett-Oracle
This discussion has been closed.