Forum Stats

• 3,782,263 Users
  • 2,254,629 Discussions
  • 7,880,032 Comments

Discussions

SMB, LDAP and other question

3004 Member Posts: 204,171
First i want to say that the "IFS-idea" is great.
Now i have several question on IFS:
(posted again - hope there will be an answer)

1.) I've installes IFS 1.081 on NT and its work fine - but there is no SMB-Server, no SMB-DEF-File and i couldnt find it in the installtion jar-files.
where can i found it ???

2.) The NTFS-Server for a local connection did not work (no drive "o") - reason 1.) ??

3.) is it planed that i can put my own authentification-module into IFS? Our product manage businesspartners and sales informations - so our customers want to use that informations on there sites (B2C). So authentification against our datamodel to check if a customer has buy a content is necessary - so for other cms-software we have an ldap-interface -
questions is : can i put ldap into ifs ??

4.) whats the timeline for a international character enabled version ?

5.) can i merge informations from ifs and my own datamodel via SDK ?

6.) I cant find the documentation for the webui-client interface (jsp-programming) - where is it

TIA

Oliver
null

Comments

3004 Member Posts: 204,171
    <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by kpo:
    First i want to say that the "IFS-idea" is great.
    Alan: Thanks!

Now i have several question on IFS:
    (posted again - hope there will be an answer)

1.) I've installes IFS 1.081 on NT and its work fine - but there is no SMB-Server, no SMB-DEF-File and i couldnt find it in the installtion jar-files.
    where can i found it ???

Alan: On NT, the support for SMB is built into the operating system, so NT actually receives the SMB calls.

Alan: So iFS on NT has implemented a device driver to make iFS look like a local drive on NT. Then IFS "exports" the mount points, and NT thinks the SMB calls are just calls to a locally mounted drive.

2.) The NTFS-Server for a local connection did not work (no drive "o") - reason 1.) ??

Alan: Starting IFS (startall) should create a drive "O:" on your local machine.

3.) is it planed that i can put my own authentification-module into IFS? Our product manage businesspartners and sales informations - so our customers want to use that informations on there sites (B2C). So authentification against our datamodel to check if a customer has buy a content is necessary - so for other cms-software we have an ldap-interface -
    questions is : can i put ldap into ifs ??

Alan: LDAP is not supported in 1.0, but is an important future direction.

4.) whats the timeline for a international character enabled version ?

Alan: See http://technet.oracle.com:89/ubb/Forum36/HTML/000135.html

5.) can i merge informations from ifs and my own datamodel via SDK ?

Alan: Depends on what you mean. Could you give more specifics?

6.) I cant find the documentation for the webui-client interface (jsp-programming) - where is it

Alan: I don't believe we've published it yet.

TIA

Oliver
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

null
This discussion has been closed.