This site is currently read-only as we are migrating to Oracle Forums for an improved community experience. You will not be able to initiate activity until January 30th, when you will be able to use this site as normal.

Forum Stats

• 3,889,964 Users
  • 2,269,775 Discussions
  • 7,916,823 Comments

Discussions

How to start CUP server

3004 Member Posts: 204,171 Green Ribbon
I was able to install iFS withoout errors, but upon trying to upload the insurance exmaple upload_insapp.bat I get a CUP server not running error. How do I check/start the CUP server? also I was able to install the windows explorer client but I don't show any iFS drives and cannot seem to connect to my DB machine/ifs from windows explorer.
Thanks
Glenn Mckinlay

Comments

In order to take advantage of the iFS, you must start the iFS servers. Go to your %ORACLE_HOME%\ifs\bin directory and invoke the ifsstart.bat command. This will start the protocol servers you selected in the iFS Configuration Assistant. You must provide valid iFS credentials to start the servers. This will also start the Java Web Server, if it was selected. Consult the iFS Installation Guide for more info.
    I am seeing cupserver timing out. do i have to change timeouts, as i am having similar problem . I do start servers using ifsstart,
    but cup server doesn't start.
    Any directions.

[

QUOTE]Originally posted by Luis:
    In order to take advantage of the iFS, you must start the iFS servers. Go to your %ORACLE_HOME%\ifs\bin directory and invoke the ifsstart.bat command. This will start the protocol servers you selected in the iFS Configuration Assistant. You must provide valid iFS credentials to start the servers. This will also start the Java Web Server, if it was selected. Consult the iFS Installation Guide for more info.

null
    What do the log files say? Check IfsProtocols.log, IfsAgents.log, and the specific protocol server logs. They are all in the $ORACLE_HOME/ifs/log directory. Are there any errors?
    Am sorry for last post, accidently pushed submit.
    yes, thats what log says for cupserver timing out . In ifsprotocols.log:
    it says time expired with internal status of starting
    starting external process has timed out
    If you are both still having problems, please post information about your hardware environment:
    - NT/Solaris
    - Speed of processor
    - Memory and swap available

It sounds like your servers may not meet the minimum requirements of IFS.
    i have the same problems. my computer has only 128 MB RAM(less than the minimum requirements). Is there any hope to run ifs
    (eventually)???

I've increased the amount of virtual memory.
    Does it help?

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Alan (Oracle):
    If you are both still having problems, please post information about your hardware environment:
    - NT/Solaris
    - Speed of processor
    - Memory and swap available

It sounds like your servers may not meet the minimum requirements of IFS.
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

null
    128 MB RAM is too small. Our minimum requirement is 500 MB RAM to run iFS server and clients. If you have a 256 MB RAM, you can selectively turn on only part of the protocol servers. 128 MB RAM is way too small.
This discussion has been closed.