• 7,905,930 Comments

Discussions

GG logging

Annamalai A
Annamalai A Member Posts: 640
edited Dec 1, 2010 7:47PM in GoldenGate
Hi,

Can any one please clarify the below query,

How GG handle the nologging database operations? There is a insert operation in my oracle database with nologging option, how gg replicat these changes?

Thanks in Advance.
Annamalai

Answers

• Annamalai A
    Hi Friends,

Any one clarify the below query?

Regards,
    Annamalai
  • -joe
    -joe Member Posts: 226
    Hi.

If it's not in the log then no product can replicate it. So the work around is to set FORCELOGGING at the database level. Or if the transaction can be modified then removed NOLOGGING and use an insert append.

Good luck,
    -joe
  • Annamalai A
    Thanks Joe, One more clarification, I dont want to replicate trigger operation which is running on source side , is it possible to stop replicate the triggers in GG. I found some of the parameters in GG document, that is suppresstriggers/nosuppresstriggers, but they mentioned we can use these parameter for oracle 10.2.0.5 and later patches, but my oracle DB running in 10.2.0.4. for this how to prevent the trigger operation.

Thanks,
    Jath
  • Hi,

You should either disable triggers on target database based on enabled triggers on your source:

SQL> alter trigger <schema>.<trigger_name> disable;

or upgrade database to 10.2.0.5, it is disabled via option:

dboptions suppresstriggers

Cheers
  • Annamalai A
    Thanks Sebastian, Can you please clarify this, my target database running on RAC mode with 2 node but source db is not a RAC environment , in case if one node failure in target side how GG will work? in the same scenario in source side we can mention the parameter THREADS 2 in extract , is there any same way to mention in the target side or replicat parameter?

Thanks,
    Annamalai
  • -joe
    -joe Member Posts: 226
    Annamali,

Check out the OGG Reference Guide page 149:
    DBOPTIONS SUPPRESSTRIGGERS
    Prevents triggers from firing on target objects that are configured for replication with Oracle GoldenGate. You can use this parameter for Oracle
    10.2.0.5 and later patches, and for Oracle 11.2.0.2 and later, instead of manually disabling the triggers. To use this option, the Replicat user must be an Oracle Streams administrator, which can be granted by invoking dbms_goldengate_auth.grant_admin_privilege.
    The default is NOSUPPRESSTRIGGERS.

Only Streams and OGG can do this. The only other alternative is to, as Sebastian says, disable the tigger or you can also rewrite it to ignore the OGG user. Hopefully you're running on a version of the database that allows you to just suppress them. You need OGG 11.1+ for this.

Good luck,
    -joe
This discussion has been closed.