• 3,874,228 Users
  • 2,266,688 Discussions
  • 7,911,774 Comments

Discussions

Essbase 11.1.2 Connectivity issue

user3018414
user3018414 Member Posts: 4 Blue Ribbon
edited Jul 8, 2011 2:17PM in EPM System Infrastructure
I successfully completed the installation of EPM 11.1.2 in a distributed environment:

Server A: Foundation Services, Reporting and Analysis, Workspace.
Server B: Essbase Server and Essbase Studio Server

I added the external MSAD authentication directory in Shared Services.

I am able to login to EAS using either the Admin user or my AD user account. I added the Essbase Server but I am not able to expand or create any new application. I have Admin privileges. I am getting an error message stating that the user does not exist.

Also, I am not able to see the Essbase server listed under Application Groups in SS.

Please help!!!!! Am I missing any steps???? Essbase is running. I restarted all the services but it is still not working...

Thank you!

Answers

• Manoj G
    Manoj G Member Posts: 222
    Can you please look in the essbase.log for the error it is throwing when trying to add app?Can you log on to the Essbase server via MaxL?
    552406 Member Posts: 194
    Could you please confirm if you have assigned Essbase role the users. Because even if you are a admin user you need to assign the Essbase Role separately.

By default Admin user has Provisioning Manager on all products.

Regards,

Manmohan Sharma
  • user3018414
    user3018414 Member Posts: 4 Blue Ribbon
    I was able to solve the issue.

I followed another thread with similar issues. I initially set up user directories before installing Essbase which seems to be the cause of the issue. As it was a clean installation I was able to deleted the user groups, un-install Essbase/install Essbase, set up user directories again and I was able to connect!
This discussion has been closed.