• 2,254,684 Discussions
  • 7,880,152 Comments

Discussions

11.1.2.1 install on SQL Server 2008 R2 issues

AWhitford
AWhitford Member Posts: 20 Blue Ribbon
edited Aug 1, 2011 12:12AM in EPM System Infrastructure
Hi Guys,

I am installing 11.1.2.1 on a windows 2008 Server SP1 using SQL Server 2008 R2 as the back-end. I successfully installed everything and configured the foundation components, deployed the webservices and tested that I could login to both workspace and shared services.

I then went ahead and configured BI, did the same tests and I could login. Once I got based that and installed essbase and planning and the calculation manager (hadnt gotten to the EPMA yet) I have the following in the logs for foundation:

com.hyperion.lcm.common.manager.ManagerException: Registry error/exception occurred while retrieving migration properties properties from registry. Nested exception is [MESSAGE - com.hyperion.lcm.common.manager.ManagerException: Shared Services Product not found in Registry., ROOT CAUSE - com.hyperion.lcm.handler.LCMContext.loadProperties(135)] .
at com.hyperion.lcm.handler.LCMContext.loadProperties(LCMContext.java:147)
at com.hyperion.lcm.handler.LCMContext.getProperties(LCMContext.java:74)
at com.hyperion.cas.web.delegate.CASBusinessDelegate.getUserConfiguredFileSystemPath(CASBusinessDelegate.java:413)
at com.hyperion.cas.web.CASContextListener.contextInitialized(CASContextListener.java:48)
at weblogic.servlet.internal.EventsManager$FireContextListenerAction.run(EventsManager.java:481)
at weblogic.security.acl.internal.AuthenticatedSubject.doAs(AuthenticatedSubject.java:321)
at weblogic.security.service.SecurityManager.runAs(SecurityManager.java:120)
at weblogic.servlet.internal.EventsManager.notifyContextCreatedEvent(EventsManager.java:181)
at weblogic.servlet.internal.WebAppServletContext.preloadResources(WebAppServletContext.java:1872)
at weblogic.servlet.internal.WebAppServletContext.start(WebAppServletContext.java:3153)
at weblogic.servlet.internal.WebAppModule.startContexts(WebAppModule.java:1508)
at weblogic.servlet.internal.WebAppModule.start(WebAppModule.java:482)
at weblogic.application.internal.flow.ModuleStateDriver$3.next(ModuleStateDriver.java:425)
at weblogic.application.utils.StateMachineDriver.nextState(StateMachineDriver.java:52)
at weblogic.application.internal.flow.ModuleStateDriver.start(ModuleStateDriver.java:119)
at weblogic.application.internal.flow.ScopedModuleDriver.start(ScopedModuleDriver.java:200)
at weblogic.application.internal.flow.ModuleListenerInvoker.start(ModuleListenerInvoker.java:247)
at weblogic.application.internal.flow.ModuleStateDriver$3.next(ModuleStateDriver.java:425)
at weblogic.application.utils.StateMachineDriver.nextState(StateMachineDriver.java:52)
at weblogic.application.internal.flow.ModuleStateDriver.start(ModuleStateDriver.java:119)
at weblogic.application.internal.flow.StartModulesFlow.activate(StartModulesFlow.java:27)
at weblogic.application.internal.BaseDeployment$2.next(BaseDeployment.java:636)
at weblogic.application.internal.BaseDeployment.activate(BaseDeployment.java:205)
at weblogic.application.internal.EarDeployment.activate(EarDeployment.java:58)
at weblogic.application.internal.DeploymentStateChecker.activate(DeploymentStateChecker.java:161)
at weblogic.deploy.internal.targetserver.AppContainerInvoker.activate(AppContainerInvoker.java:79)
at weblogic.deploy.internal.targetserver.BasicDeployment.activate(BasicDeployment.java:184)
at weblogic.deploy.internal.targetserver.BasicDeployment.activateFromServerLifecycle(BasicDeployment.java:361)
at weblogic.management.deploy.internal.DeploymentAdapter$1.doActivate(DeploymentAdapter.java:51)
at weblogic.management.deploy.internal.DeploymentAdapter.activate(DeploymentAdapter.java:200)
at weblogic.management.deploy.internal.AppTransition$2.transitionApp(AppTransition.java:30)
at weblogic.management.deploy.internal.ConfiguredDeployments.transitionApps(ConfiguredDeployments.java:261)
at weblogic.management.deploy.internal.ConfiguredDeployments.transitionApps(ConfiguredDeployments.java:220)
at weblogic.management.deploy.internal.ConfiguredDeployments.activate(ConfiguredDeployments.java:169)
at weblogic.management.deploy.internal.ConfiguredDeployments.deploy(ConfiguredDeployments.java:123)
at weblogic.management.deploy.internal.DeploymentServerService.resume(DeploymentServerService.java:180)
at weblogic.management.deploy.internal.DeploymentServerService.start(DeploymentServerService.java:96)
at weblogic.t3.srvr.SubsystemRequest.run(SubsystemRequest.java:64)
at weblogic.work.ExecuteThread.execute(ExecuteThread.java:207)
at weblogic.work.ExecuteThread.run(ExecuteThread.java:176)
Error: EPM System Security is not initialized properly

Any help would be most appreciated in trying to understand why this is happening.

Cheers
Aaron

Best Answer

Answers

• Manoj G
    Manoj G Member Posts: 222
    Hey Aaron,

Are you using native or windows authentication for SQL server?

Cheers
    Manoj
  • AWhitford
    AWhitford Member Posts: 20 Blue Ribbon
    edited Jul 21, 2011 8:25PM
    Hi Manoj,

I am using native authentication - I saw the note about the documentation error around windows authentication

Aaron

As an update, I have now identified that any product which gets configured after the Shared Services (and for some reason BI worked) that requires a database config seems to break it.

After configuring the next product (EAS) in this case I get the following in the foundation log:
    <Test "select count(*) from HSS_COMPONENT_TYPES" set up for pool "EPMSystemRegistry" failed with exception: Invalid table name

I have checked and the table definently exists

Edited by: AWhitford on Jul 21, 2011 4:42 PM

Edited by: AWhitford on Jul 21, 2011 7:16 PM

I have solved this issue for anyone who is interested, it appears that it loses the Shared Services configuration. If you remove the config file as per one of the sections in the Installation readme's you can reconfigure the Shared Services / Foundation component and all services start up

Edited by: AWhitford on Jul 22, 2011 10:23 AM
  • nww
    nww Member Posts: 88 Blue Ribbon
    Which file should be deleted in order to reconfigure the Shared Services? I am not able to find it.
  • Manoj G
    Manoj G Member Posts: 222
    Accepted Answer
    .oracle.instance
This discussion has been closed.