• 2,264,499 Discussions
  • 7,905,970 Comments

Discussions

Export to Excel failed ‘The document is corrupt and cannot be opened'

andi
andi Member Posts: 19
edited Oct 11, 2012 3:06PM in Discoverer
Hi Everyone,

I'm trying to export from Discoverer Viewer 10.1.2.55.26 on Windows 7 64bit and i've got the following error message:
The document is corrupt and cannot be opened. To try and repair it, use the Open and Repair command in the Open dialog box and select Extract Data when prompted.

In some cases, it only exports part of the data but not all

Did a google search and it seemed that the error is due to Windows 7 and it's new additional security scan, which wasn't around in Windows XP and Vista.

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/office/forum/office_2007-excel/windows-7-enterprise-excel-2007-unreadable-content/48ff6b8a-d17f-45a0-8032-41245c485e35?tab=MoreHelp

Have anyone come across the same issue and found any solution? There is a workaround, which is exporting it to csv file and convert that into excel format, but this isn't acceptable for our users.

Thank You

Regards,
Andi
Tagged:

Answers

• pbs7836
    pbs7836 Member Posts: 4 Blue Ribbon
    Hi,

Did you find any solution for this? I am facing the same problem for some worksheets exported to excel.
    The worksheets having this problem can be opened fine in open office. Any pointers will be greatly appreciated.

Regards
    PB
This discussion has been closed.