• 3,783,602 Users
  • 2,254,807 Discussions
  • 7,880,476 Comments

Discussions

migrating Shared Services users from Hyperion 9.2.1 to 11.1.1.4

910964 Member Posts: 15
edited Jan 31, 2012 7:46AM in EPM System Infrastructure
Hi All,
I used CSSExport.bat to export the users from the Hyperion 9.2.1 shared services,when iam trying to import the users using CSSImport.bat its throwing log4j error,leaving no errors on the logs. I raised a request with Oracle,they said that Using CSSImport.bat will not work in Hyperion 11.1.1.4.and we are not using LCM too.At this juncture they are saying 11.1.1.4 is a maintanence application so we cannot do any thing at this part.

can i have any alternate option to workaround.
appriciate your help
Tagged:

Best Answer

• JohnGoodwin
    JohnGoodwin Member Posts: 30,471 Blue Diamond
    Accepted Answer
    I find the best way to get used to the format require for LCM is first provision a user/group in shared services and then to run an LCM export, this will give you an idea of the format required.
    Edit the output files with your new provisioning and then test the LCM import through Shared Services, if it works then create a migration XML when stepping through the steps in Shared Services and then you should be alright using the command line utility.

Cheers

John
    http://john-goodwin.blogspot.com/

Answers

• JohnGoodwin
    Why don't you just use LCM, it is built into shared services and import/export format for user/groups is similar to that of cssimportexport utility.
    It is worth getting used to LCM as that is the tool now for migrations

Cheers

John
    JohnGoodwin
    edited Jan 18, 2012 8:21AM
    Hi John,
    Thank you for your suggestion.

i have worked on that,but not succeeded,as i got the following errors:

Log file:
    ---------
    d:\OracleHyperion\common\utilities\LCM\9.5.0.0\bin>Utility.bat d:\lcm\lcmdefinit
    ion.xml -estimate
    A subdirectory or file d:\OracleHyperion\common\utilities\LCM\9.5.0.0\bin alread
    y exists.
    Only the estimate for migration will be reported.
    BEGIN : TaskHandler.getExecutor
    Executor not yet created or old executor destroyed. Creating new thread pool ...

END : TaskHandler.getExecutor
    Attempting to load Log Config File:../conf/log.xml
    2012-01-18 07:54:16,097 INFO - Executing package file - d:\lcm\lcmdefinition.xm
    l
    2012-01-18 07:54:16,528 INFO - Reading HSS URL from command line
    2012-01-18 07:54:16,528 INFO - HSS URL could not be read from command line. Rea
    ding from registry.
    2012-01-18 07:54:19,095 INFO - Audit Client has been created for the server htt
    p://livqahy02.r1-core.r1.net:28080/interop/Audit
    2012-01-18 07:54:19,594 INFO - Client Enable Status false
    2012-01-18 07:54:19,901 INFO - Client Enable Status false
    2012-01-18 07:54:24,582 ERROR - Unable to process task - 1. The migration defini
    tion file option - "fileformat" is unspecified in the product registration for T
    arget.

for your verification my lcmdefiniton file(migration definiton file)
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
    <!-- edited with XMLSPY v5 rel. 4 U (http://www.xmlspy.com) by Dongling Ding (Hyperion) --><Package name="" description="migrating File to Shared Services" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance">
    <!-- need more information to interface with logging handler -->

<Logging option="IgnoreError" logfile=""/>

<Credentials user="admin" password="{CSS}MRcYv323uzxGr8rFdvQLcA=="/>

<Connections>
    <ConnectionInfo name="MyHSS-Connection" type="HSS" description="Hyperion Shared Service connection" url="http://livqahy02.r1-core.r1.net:28080.net:28080/interop"/>

<ConnectionInfo name="FileSystem-Connection" type="FileSystem" description="File System Location" filePath="file:/D:/OracleHyperion/common/import_export/[email protected] Directory/HSS Security"/> <ConnectionInfo name="AppConnection1" type="Application" product="HUB" description="" HSSConnection="MyHSS-Connection" project="Foundation" application="Shared Services"/>
    </Connections>
    <Tasks>

<Task seqID="1">

<Source connection="FileSystem-Connection">
    <!-- the options listed would match some option specified in product registration -->
    <Artifact recursive="false" parentPath="/Native Directory" pattern="Users"/>
    <Artifact recursive="false" parentPath="/Native Directory" pattern="Roles"/>
    <Artifact recursive="false" parentPath="/Native Directory" pattern="Groups"/>
    <Artifact recursive="true" parentPath="/Native Directory/Assigned Roles" pattern="*"/>
    <Artifact recursive="false" parentPath="/Native Directory" pattern="Delegated Lists"/>
    <Artifact recursive="true" parentPath="/Taskflows" pattern="*"/>
    </Source>

<Target connection="AppConnection1">

<Options>
    <optionInfo name="fileformat" value="csv"/>
    <optionInfo name="operation" value="create"/>
    <optionInfo name="maxerrors" value="1000"/>
    </Options>
    </Target>
    </Task>
    </Tasks>
    </Package>

Process:
    ----------
    1.moved the exported csv file from 9.2.1 to the present server machine location:/import_export/[email protected] Directory/HSS Security
    2.created the lcmdefinition file which i have given above
    3.run the Utility.bat from the cmd prompt.
    4.able to see the HSS Security folder in the shared servies->ApplicationGroups->Filesystem
    5.on opening the folder in shared services console getting error:Unable to find the specified folder HSS Security

as i need to move the users/groups/provisions immediately...your advice is very much valuable to me.

thanks in advance

Edited by: 907961 on Jan 18, 2012 5:19 AM
    697672 Member Posts: 202
    If this is not resolved I would open an Oracle Service Request.

Thank you,

Todd Rebner
  • JohnGoodwin
    Accepted Answer
    I find the best way to get used to the format require for LCM is first provision a user/group in shared services and then to run an LCM export, this will give you an idea of the format required.
    Edit the output files with your new provisioning and then test the LCM import through Shared Services, if it works then create a migration XML when stepping through the steps in Shared Services and then you should be alright using the command line utility.

Cheers

John
    Hi All,
    Thank you very much for all your valuable suggestions,i have used CSSImportExportUtility for migration of users,groups in both the versions.

Thanks to you all
This discussion has been closed.