• 3,783,609 Users
  • 2,254,809 Discussions
  • 7,880,483 Comments

Discussions

Deploying EPM Web Applications on another machine

User_6C9T9
User_6C9T9 Member Posts: 7 Blue Ribbon
edited Feb 15, 2012 12:41PM in EPM System Infrastructure
Hi, i have a problem and i hope that you could help me.

Im trying to install Essbase in one machine (Running Oracle Linux 32-bit) and deploy the web applications to another machine running (Solaris 64 + Weblogic installed with OBIEE)

All the products in the Linux machine install successfully.
Trying to configure the products:
~ Select "Deploy to a exist domain"
~ Type the Host, Port, user and password
~ Type the domain (bifoundation_domain) (this domain was created by OBIEE installation)

All the configuration completes, except for "Deploy to application server", that fail.

This type of deploy is possible?
I'm missing something here?
Is there any other configuration that i need to do?

Thanks.

Answers

• Pablo
    Pablo Member Posts: 254 Bronze Badge
    edited Feb 3, 2012 1:56PM
    Make sure that the Admin server in the bifoundation_domain domain is started (in the Solaris box). You can start it by running the startWeblogic.sh command within your domain folder.

Pablo
  • User_6C9T9
    Thanks for the reply.

But I alredy started Admin server.

Any other tip?
  • Pablo
    You're probably going to have to manually deploy it: http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E17236_01/epm.1112/epm_install_11121/ch06s01.html
  • User_6C9T9
    Hi,
    Reading the link, seens to me that this procedure is for deploy manually in the same machine

4. Select Create a New WebLogic Domain and then click Next.

6. Enter the domain name and location and then click Next.

By default, the domain location is MIDDLEWARE_HOME/user_projects/domains.
  • JohnGoodwin
    JohnGoodwin Member Posts: 30,471 Blue Diamond
    I would be interested to know if anybody has actually deployed EPM web application to the same domain used by OBIEE as I am sure it is not so straight forward.

Cheers

John
    http://john-goodwin.blogspot.com/
  • Hi John,

I had a customer raising a similar question and the best answer I could get was it is not a good idea to deploy OBIEE to the same domain as Hyperion.You may be aware of the below but still including :)

Ref. Oracle® Fusion Middleware Installation Guide for Oracle Business Intelligence
    11g Release 1 (11.1.1), Section 1.1 Installable Products

"All Oracle Business Intelligence products intended for a WebLogic domain must be installed and configured at the same time. You cannot install some products now and then install others to the same WebLogic domain later. For example, if you choose to install and configure Oracle Business Intelligence Enterprise Edition but not Oracle Real-Time Decisions, you cannot later add Oracle Real-Time Decisions to the WebLogic domain. Similarly, any WebLogic domains that contain Oracle Business Intelligence 11g products should not be later extended to include other Oracle Fusion Middleware products."
  • Did you check the configtool.log file for reason for failure? Also some of the errors will be listed in the weblogic admin server console when the deploy application runs.
  • User_6C9T9
    How about deploy epm applications in another domain in the weblogic installed with OBIEE?

For example, i installed OBIEE and by default he created a domain (bifoundation_domain)

Now i want to deploy the applications to that Weblogic on a new domain (let's say epm_domain)
    Remember: the EPM server is in another Machine.

This can be done?
    If positive, how?

Thanks
  • Did you check the configtool.log file for reason for failure? Also some of the errors will be listed in the weblogic admin server console when the deploy application runs.??
  • Pablo
    If you want to do that you can deploy to a new domain within your Hyperion installation and then pack/unpack to the OBIEE weblogic server. This way you can make sure that all requirede libraries are included.

Pablo
This discussion has been closed.