This site is currently read-only as we are migrating to Oracle Forums for an improved community experience. You will not be able to initiate activity until January 30th, when you will be able to use this site as normal.

Forum Stats

• 3,889,964 Users
  • 2,269,775 Discussions
  • 7,916,823 Comments

Discussions

Call a Java Class using the CALLJAVA tag

933715 Member Posts: 9
edited May 7, 2012 10:03AM in WebCenter Sites
Hi everyone,

I`m using webcenter Sites last version and I want to access a class that was made by me too. To do this call I`m using the CALLJAVA xml tag in a jsp template.

My problem is that the tag do not find the class that I placed in the Java class path and returns me the 900 erro code that means "Java class not found".

Following the documentation I implemented the COM.FutureTense.XML.Template.Seed interface, created the jar and put it in the Weblogic path below:

/u01/oracle/Middleware/user_projects/domains/cs_domain/lib

The code is that:

<SETVAR NAME="errno" VALUE="0"/>
<CALLJAVA CLASS="timeexample">
<ARGUMENT NAME="logindate"
VALUE="SessionVariables.logintime"/>
</CALLJAVA>
<IF COND="IsError.Variables.errno=true">
<THEN>
<!--Handle error-->
</THEN>
</IF>

Please I need some help. Thanks.
Tagged:

Answers

• Dolf Dijkstra-Oracle
    Dolf Dijkstra-Oracle Technical Director Member Posts: 14
    Hi,

The CALLJAVA tag is for XML elements, and the syntax of your element suggests that you are using an XML element, opposed to a jsp element. Can you verify that you element is of type xml or jsp?

If you are using a JSP element you can just call you java class directly, there is no need to implement a Seed interface. You can create a scriplet an do <% new timeexample().myMethod(session.getParameter("logintime"); etc. %>

If you are executing a XML element, the jar file needs to go into WEB-INF/lib of the Sites web application. You may need to redeploy the webapp, depending on how you configured weblogic.

Dolf
    933715 Member Posts: 9
    Hi,

Thanks for the answer Dolf. I think that by JSP is a better solution. Is it possible to create a webservice client in a java class, deploy it in a jar file, put in WEB-INF/lib and use that WS client in a Webcenter site template?

That`s my inicial idea calling a java class.

Thanks.
This discussion has been closed.