Forum Stats

• 3,855,327 Users
  • 2,264,499 Discussions
  • 7,905,970 Comments

Discussions

Discoverer creating workbook with item hierarchies that I don't want.

881944 Member Posts: 11
edited Nov 2, 2012 10:52AM in Discoverer
In Discoverer PLUS 10g (OracleBI Discoverer version 10.1.2.55.26):

I create a worbook, but when I drag item, they bring item hierarchies, but I didn't create item hierarchies.

It seems when I drag all the items for the business area it's fine, but when I drag out a item, all others items are items hierarchies after that. Next I drag the last item, afters that, all items are normal, they are not item hierarchies.

In DiscovererADMIN, we did not created item hierachies who could bring itemhierachies in a worbook.

This problem is present one spécific database, I tested the problem in a other database but didn't appear.

Do you know whats happening?

Thank you
Tagged:

Answers

• Rod West
    Rod West Member Posts: 4,025 Gold Trophy
    Hi,

You haven't given us much detail on what these items are or the hierarchies that get created.

Are these item or date hierarchies? Is the item in any hierarchies within the EUL? When you say that an item hierarchy is created in the workbook what exactly do you mean?

The hierarchies available are set up in the EUL and when loading folders into the EUL unwanted hierarchies are often created, so this maybe the problem you have.

Rod West
    edited Oct 31, 2012 12:41PM
    HI Rod,

My problem is that we don't have any hierarchies set up in the EUL and we see item hierarchy in workbook, it's impossible because we did create hierarchies.

I created a workbook with a Bussiness Area named person, for example. This Bussiness Area got a total of 10 items and the datatype of each item is different, we have number, varchar2 and date. When I drag all the 10 items in the worksheet, the items are not hierachies, but when I drag out a item, all the others items are hierarchies, suddenly. And when I put back the last item, all the items are not hierarchies. I already said that we didn't create hierachies for that Bussiness Area or any others Busness area in the EUL.

We don't know how we can have items hierachy in a workbook when we didn't create them in the EUL.

I hope you will understand more what I try to explain.

Thanks for your time.

Edited by: JayM on 2012-10-31 09:38

Edited by: JayM on 2012-10-31 09:40
  • Rod West
    Rod West Member Posts: 4,025 Gold Trophy
    Hi,
    we see item hierarchy in workbook
    Really not sure what you mean by that?

Rod West
    Hi Rod,

I met that when I create a worbook, I put items and they are items hierarchies, but I don't want items hierarchies, I just want normal items.

If I could insert a printscreen in the tread, it could be easier to understand.

Sorry for this.
This discussion has been closed.