This site is currently read-only as we are migrating to Oracle Forums for an improved community experience. You will not be able to initiate activity until January 31st, when you will be able to use this site as normal.

Forum Stats

• 3,890,393 Users
  • 2,269,776 Discussions
  • 7,916,824 Comments

Discussions

Hyperion Interactive Reporting: Multiple Sections in one Email

971537 Member Posts: 4
edited Nov 8, 2012 6:33PM in Hyperion Query and Reporting
Hello all,

I have an Interactive Report that multiple pivot tables need to be regularly sent to some users. However, I believe that the Job Scheduler does not allow multiple sections to be sent in one email.

Does anybody know any workaround?

Thank you.

Best Regards,
Ricky

Answers

• The scheduler always has an option for defining multiple cycles and actions to send out different sections (tables) of a query(bqy).
    Try adding/defining the cycle in addition to the default cycle.
  • WVanSluys1
    WVanSluys1 Member Posts: 674
    try creating a report with all the pivots on it then export that report of Excel or Office HTML/Office MHTML

You might need to create a series of grouping columns in results with a constant value then create report groups for each pivot to reside in.

not very elegant but it will work

HTH

-w
  • AlexLiu
    AlexLiu EPMA Solution Architect Eastern USMember Posts: 124
    The IR can export the multiple pivot tables within the Job Parameter defined. When the XLS files are exported, we used BLAT.exe command to automatically attached these files as email and send to the dsitribution list. The task is scheduled using Window's Scheduled Task using simple BAT file.

If PDF files needed to be merged instead before sending, we used PKPDF.exe command to combined the PDF files then use BLAT to send them out.
    Hello there,

Thank you very much for your suggestion.

Yes I understand that you can create multiple 'Email section' parameters as a workaround. However, we would like to combine the required pivot tables together into one document, and then send it out through Job Scheduler.

Cheers,
    Ricky
    Hello W,

Thank you very much for your suggestion.

If my understanding is correct, your suggestion requires manual intervention (by export it beforehand and then combine them together). It is expected that the information will be sent to the users on a regular basis, which we hope to minimise the amount of manual intervention. Please correct me if I am wrong though :)

Cheers,
    Ricky
    Hello Alex,

I am interested in knowing more about your methodology. But would you please clarify whether export in *.xls will lose the formatting set in the BQY (including the header and footer)? This is because we have been using *.mhtml (or should I say, more comfortable) and *.pdf as the primary and secondary export format respectively.

Would you please advise where I can get the BLAT.exe and PKPDF.exe file?

Many thanks.

Cheers,
    Ricky
  • AlexLiu
    AlexLiu EPMA Solution Architect Eastern USMember Posts: 124
    Unfortunately, EPM 11.x is still using XLS 2.1 format, so all the format will not be retained. But you can export the XLS files from the pivot sections, create another XLS file with external links to these files but formated it the way you desired. You will not even need to email the file, the exported files will automatically be replaced with future scheduled jobs. The users can open the MASTER file after those scheduled jobs and automatically get the new data with the same FORMAT.

BLAT.exe link is http://www.blat.net/194/
    PDFtk command line http://www.pdflabs.com/docs/pdftk-cli-examples/

Good luck
  • DougP
    DougP Member Posts: 161
    Good suggestion, Alex. Use Export actions in the job to save the Excel, MHTML, and/or PDF files to a physical resource that the users have read access to. Then send them a notification with a hyperlink to the folder. This keeps the documents from overloading mailboxes.
This discussion has been closed.