• 2,260,793 Discussions
  • 7,897,298 Comments

Discussions

Similarities in WebCenter Sites and WebCenter Portals

Sashank Pappu
Sashank Pappu Member Posts: 80
edited Jan 2, 2013 7:50AM in WebLogic Portal
Hi ,

Can anyone post few light of the similarities in developers point of view of Webcenter Portals and WebCenter Sites.

Thank you,
Sashank P.

Answers

• Jiri.Machotka-Oracle
    Jiri.Machotka-Oracle Member Posts: 5,078
    edited Jan 2, 2013 7:34AM
    There are similarities in certain functionality (like: both tools enable creation of 'sites', have 'personalization', use 'roles', 'templates', etc.), but from the developers' point of view they are quite different - WebCenter Portal is based on ADF (Application Develoment Framework) whilst WebCenter Sites has its own libraries. The least common denominator, therefore, is "Java, JavaServer Pages (JSP), XML, and HTML".
  • hi ,

thanks a lot . I am good at ADF and now have a requirement to move into WebCenter Sites. So is it easier to get knowledge on webcenter portals after learning webcenter sites.
  • If you know ADF, WebCenter Framework (the foundation for WebCenter Portal Applications or WebCenter Portal: Spaces) should be a relatively easy step for you.

On the other hand, it does not mean that Sites (if that's what you should do) is a rocket-science. You just need to learn the logic of Sites. I'm afraid I'm not much help there - try to get some references how to start with Sites in their forum.
This discussion has been closed.