• 3,838,102 Users
  • 2,262,329 Discussions
  • 7,900,502 Comments

Discussions

Create a bio page for yourself here

Darin_Pendergraft_Oracle
Darin_Pendergraft_Oracle Member Posts: 79
edited Mar 13, 2014 8:29AM in Identity Architect
Tell us a bit about yourself - this forum is intended to offer an opportunity to share ideas and discuss problems with a group of your peers. It always helps to understand the types of projects and industry experience each member has.
Darin_Pendergraft_Oracle

Best Answer

• Alan Shen
    Alan Shen Member Posts: 10
    Answer ✓
    My name is Alan Shen

Current Position: NetApp Inc. Identity management engineer.

Current Projects: OAM 10g/11g migration. OAAM/Mobile and social implementation.

Responsibilities: Access Magament stack developement including OAM/OIF/OVD/ODSEE

Experience: 5.8 years at NetApp, 3.5 years at VISA, 3.5 years at Commerce One (not sure if anyone still rememeber this company)

Fun Fact: enjoy out activiries like fishing, hunting and hiking...

Answers

• Darin_Pendergraft_Oracle
    Darin_Pendergraft_Oracle Member Posts: 79
    edited Mar 7, 2013 6:21PM
    I will start off.

My name is Darin Pendergraft

Current Position: Oracle, Director of Product Marketing

Current Projects: IDM Architect's Forum!, Online Security Assessment Tool, Customer Case Study Webcasts.

Responsibilities: Marketing messaging and strategy for all Oracle IDM products. I'm currently focused on issues related to Mobile and Cloud IDM

Experience: 1 year at Oracle, 14 years at Quest Software (now part of Dell) in both Database Product Management and IDM Product Marketing.

Fun Fact: I drive an all electric Nissan Leaf, and charge it (almost) for free with solar panels on my roof!
  • My name is Apple Bagwell

Current Position: Solution Architect for Raymond James Financial, Inc.

Current Projects: Implementing Oracle Enterprise Gateway and Oracle Entitltement Server and subject matter expert on a few internal projects.

Responsilibilties: Design and implement security on our web services platform.

Experience:

15 years at Raymond James starting out as the lead developer for our Brokerage system on the Windows platform. About 7 or 8 years ago, I moved over to the internal consulting side as a Application Architect and Solution Architect. Have been doing project work related to account system, financial product systems, order entry systems, client correrespondence systems, investor systems, and recently HR systems.

10 years at Central Health Services deployed at the North West Florida region. I designed and developed a scheduling system for RNs and CNAs with FoxPro and dBase III. I also design and administered Novell Network and Widows NT and yes, OS/2 WARP which included wiring the building with a token ring network. I got to do quite a bit of everything which was a great lerning experience.

Fun facts: I like to go camping a lot and do sports on the weekends. However, I'm really a gadget freak. I started tinkering with stuff as a kid since my days on the Commodore 64 and TRS-80 and haven't stopped since. That sort of dates myself but I'm pretty much on everything platform. My current interests in playing around with the Raspberry Pi and Arduino for robotics.

My wife says I have too many computer stuff so I'm going to convert them into furniture. I'm thinking about making a night light that's really a web server. It's also a emergency backup flashlight too. :-)
    RaymondJames-IAM
  • My name is Ranjan Jain.

Current Position: Enterprise Architect for Identity and Access Service at Cisco Systems

Current Projects: Working on enabling Adaptive Authentication, Inbound Federation and NextGen of authentication for all of web apps. Cisco has been using OAM, OIM for 5 years or so. OAM is running on 10g version while we recently upgraded our OIM to 11g R2 (well almost done).

Responsilibilties: I am responsible for laying out the 2-5 year vision for the Cisco IT around where we want to be in the Identity and Access area. Scary but challenging. I put the yearly road map for my teams and ensure that we are aligned with the company vision. I'm also the Infosec Security Prime person for my organization managing the web security for all of IT.

Experience: I've been with Cisco for close to 9.5 years and before that, I was with Tata Group in India. I've been into IAM right after my college and have played several roles before my current position.

Fun facts: I've been known in my personal and professional circles as the "Deal Finder guy". I am good at finding web deals for shopping :) I'm good at event planning (not sure how I got that :)
    I'm always eager to learn more and meet people. Understanding people is very exciting and provides a good learning to me.

Looking forward to share and learn from this forum.
    Ranjan Jain
  • Ranjan,
    Nice to meet you and looking forward to learn how to find web deals. Welcome and looking forward to exchanging ideas with you.
    RaymondJames-IAM
  • Current Position: Chief Identity Architect with Oracle IAM

Current Projects: IAM R2, IAM 12c, IAM REST, IAM Multi-Tenancy, IAM/FA integration, etc.

Responsibilities: Ensure rational and scalable architecture of the Identity & Access Management platform/stack/featureset

Experience: 4 years with Oracle IAM Engineering, 4 years with CA IAM Engineering (after Netegrity acquisition), 8 years with Netegrity Engineering building IAM and creating/maturing the IAM market.
    User939191-Oracle
    987417 Member Posts: 1
    edited Feb 5, 2013 4:22PM
    Current Position: Oracle, Director Sales Consulting, East Enterprise and National and Higher Ed/Healthcare

Current Projects: Security Assessment Programs (Security Readiness Assessments, Database Risk Assessments), Architecture Standardization

Responsibilities: Strategic Projects for Sales Consulting

Experience: 2.5 years at Oracle, 3 years at Sun Microsystems, 6 years at i2 Technologies (All in Presales (Sales Consulting))

Fun Fact: I am a self proclaimed oenophile and enjoy being called upon at evening events to make an appropriate selection.

Edited by: user9141879 on Feb 5, 2013 1:22 PM
  • Alan Shen
    Alan Shen Member Posts: 10
    Answer ✓
    My name is Alan Shen

Current Position: NetApp Inc. Identity management engineer.

Current Projects: OAM 10g/11g migration. OAAM/Mobile and social implementation.

Responsibilities: Access Magament stack developement including OAM/OIF/OVD/ODSEE

Experience: 5.8 years at NetApp, 3.5 years at VISA, 3.5 years at Commerce One (not sure if anyone still rememeber this company)

Fun Fact: enjoy out activiries like fishing, hunting and hiking...
    990395 Member Posts: 2
    Name: Matthew Watt
    Title: Manager, Solutions Development
    Company: NYU Langone Medical Center

Projects: Currently working on implementation of Oracle Access and Identity Management tools across the medical center. The first phase will be implementing SSO accross a handful of key systems.

Experience: 10 years at NYU, 4 years prior as an applications developer at a variety of companies
  • Michael Chiles
    Michael Chiles Member Posts: 1
    edited Feb 11, 2013 8:05PM
    Greetings! Looking forward to the discussions

Name: Michael Chiles

Current Position: Qualcomm, Senior IT Architect, Corp IT Enterprise Architecture

Current Projects: Risk Aware Entitlement Management, Alternate Org Structure Views, OIM 11gR2 deployment

Responsibilities: Strategic Architecture and Roadmap for Identity and Access Management for Corp IT. Moving TOGAF ADF forward.

Experience: 8 years at Qualcomm, 6 Years system architecture in higher ed.

Fun Fact: I picked up a guitar in college and haven't stopped writing music since. I also never forgot the greek alphabet which i was forced to memorize in seventh grade.

Edited by: user5839579 on Feb 11, 2013 5:05 PM
    990688 Member Posts: 1
    edited Feb 15, 2013 12:10PM
    Name: Darrel Carson

Current Position: IAM Program Manager at TriZetto Corporation

Current Projects: OIM provisioning, SSO as IdP, SSO as SP, ControlMinder SAM, RBAC (Wow, as I read this back, only people in this forum would be able to read this!)

Responsibilities: Managing corporate strategy to move from manual identity processes to full role based access control

IAM Experience: 3 years with Sun/Oracle, 1 year at VMware, and 1 year at TriZetto

Fun Fact: Love travelling, especially to the tropics to get out of the snow

Edited by: Darin Pendergraft on Feb 15, 2013 9:10 AM
This discussion has been closed.