Forum Stats

• 3,874,655 Users
  • 2,266,761 Discussions
  • 7,911,929 Comments

Discussions

email notification for creation / update of forum post.

user461520
user461520 Member Posts: 10
Hello,
is it possible to subscribe and get email notification when a new post on the beehiveonline Forums is made ?
I managed to subscribe to documents creation / update through the BOLAdmin tool, but not to forums.

thanks for your help
christian

Answers

• Pbell-Oracle
    Pbell-Oracle Member Posts: 861
    Christian,

Have a look in the How to section for custom RSS subscriptions - this can work with Forums.
    Phil
  • user461520
    Hi Phil,
    indeed, I should have mentioned in my initial post that I was able to get the RSS working.
    However, I need to get several people notified when a new post is created as we would like to use the forum section as an interim process for "ticket creation" with our customer. I feel the RSS feed does not cover that need as it is still a Pull vs a Push. (i.e. if I go check a RSS feed, I can also directly go check the forum itself)

thanks
  • Pbell-Oracle
    Pbell-Oracle Member Posts: 861
    RSS feeds can act like push notification - it all depends on the client.

The issue is that although Beehive can put subscriptions on forums it is at an individual level and there is no client for the functionality - I had to build a custom client to manage the document subscriptions. Getting subscriptions set up on forums woudl requirte system access and we would have to maintain it and that is not a sustainable model I'm afraid.

Phil
  • user461520
    I see, if there is no native way, I will see what I can do with RSS.
    Thanks for your support !

chris
This discussion has been closed.