• 2,262,486 Discussions
  • 7,900,956 Comments

Discussions

Oracle E-business Suite release 12.1.1 migration from AIX to OEL on OVM

Shahrukh
Shahrukh Member Posts: 75 Blue Ribbon
edited Jun 16, 2013 6:27AM in Oracle VM Server for x86
Hi

We will be migrating our current Oracle E-business suite release 12.1.1 production environment from AIX to OEL using OVM. We are experienced in migrating from one platform to another on single box but this is the first time we will be using OVM.

We will be gratefull if somebody can provide us the right path to migrate to OVM, my understanding is:

1. Setup Hypervisor, install OVM guests OS using OVM templates
2. Install E-business suite environment using OVM templates
3. follow Export / import document to migrate E-business suite environment

need suggestions

Thank You
Shahrukh yasin
Asif Muhammad

Best Answer

• user12273962
    user12273962 Member Posts: 658
    Answer ✓
    No. Do not use the EBS templates.

1. Get OVM up and running.
    2. Install OEL guests.
    3. Check requirements for running OEL on EBS 12.1. They are different for different version of OEL. There are several oracle support articles detailing the requirement from OEL4 thru OEL6. I personally would use OEL5.
    4. Clone your DB and app tops and get them working.
    5. When you get ready to cut, refresh your DB. You can use datapump but it will take some time depending on how much data you have. You may want to upgrade your DB. If you're running anything less than 11.2.0.3. If you do, then datapump is the best option. At least in my opinion. There are several issues with running 12.1 and 11.2.0.3. Make sure you address them. There are several support articles detailing them. Oracle 10 database isn't supported on OVM. 10 isn't offically supported at all anymore.
    6. Rerun you clone scripts on your app tiers and reconfigure your app layout.
    Asif Muhammad

Answers

• user12273962
    user12273962 Member Posts: 658
    Answer ✓
    No. Do not use the EBS templates.

1. Get OVM up and running.
    2. Install OEL guests.
    3. Check requirements for running OEL on EBS 12.1. They are different for different version of OEL. There are several oracle support articles detailing the requirement from OEL4 thru OEL6. I personally would use OEL5.
    4. Clone your DB and app tops and get them working.
    5. When you get ready to cut, refresh your DB. You can use datapump but it will take some time depending on how much data you have. You may want to upgrade your DB. If you're running anything less than 11.2.0.3. If you do, then datapump is the best option. At least in my opinion. There are several issues with running 12.1 and 11.2.0.3. Make sure you address them. There are several support articles detailing them. Oracle 10 database isn't supported on OVM. 10 isn't offically supported at all anymore.
    6. Rerun you clone scripts on your app tiers and reconfigure your app layout.
    Asif Muhammad
  • Shahrukh
    Hi

thank you for the reply, i will create a test case using the information provided by you.

Regards
    shahrukh yasin
  • Shahrukh

Hi

I have completed the migration and it was successfull

Thank you for the help

Regards

shahrukh yasin

This discussion has been closed.