Forum Stats

• 3,814,037 Users
  • 2,258,809 Discussions
  • 7,892,509 Comments

Discussions

Unable to access Oracle Cloud DB JNDI in application after 4-5 successful attempts.

Gurphez
Gurphez Member Posts: 4
edited Jul 30, 2013 12:40PM in Java Cloud Service

Hello Everyone,

I have been using the Oracle Cloud Service for the last 10-15 days. I deployed a JAVA Web service application which is connected with the Oracle Cloud Database. I am consuming that web service in my Oracle ADF Mobile Application. But when I try to request the any web method of the service more than 4-5 times then the database connection goes unavailable and it respond me NullPointerException. After 10-15 minutes, The Database connection is available but when I request again more than 4-5 times to any web method of Web service then I face same issue. 

I have been facing this problem for last 2-3 Days.

Thanks

Gurphez

Answers

• Java Cloud Service basic (S1) and trial provides 5 DB connections in your connection pool. Make sure that your application is releasing the connections after each requests.

Your application seems to be holding on to the connections and running out of it after 4-5 attempts,

To adjust tuning parameters for ADF BC for cloud, it's recommended to change the following in the AM configuration:

• ensure jbo.txn.disconnect_level =1
    • specify "Disconnect upon Release"

Can you please try these.

This discussion has been closed.