• 3,827,255 Users
  • 2,260,751 Discussions
  • 7,897,192 Comments

Discussions

javax.xml.soap.SOAPException: Unable to read response: HTTP Bindings Adapter

Abhinav Mittal
Abhinav Mittal Member Posts: 119

Hi Experts

I am using HTTP Bindings Adapter (11.1.1.5) VERB : POST, Operation type Request-Response, Payload : XML and have specified the Request schema element from the schema of the end system(input type) and have considered Response as Schema element of a String type.

Now, when I invoke the adapter to do an HTTP POST I receive following error :

javax.xml.ws.WebServiceException:
javax.xml.soap.SOAPException: javax.xml.soap.SOAPException: Unable to read
response: org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: Content is not allowed in prolog.

I have checked the content type and it is UTF-8. I am not able to figure out what could be the issue.

The service is supposed to respond with 200 OK message. I am not sure whether the HTTP Bindings adapter is capable of handling such response at header level.

Please help it's too urgent and important

Thanks in advance

Regards

Tagged:

Answers

• Can someone please help me?

I am still stuck

Thanks in advance

• S.Ananth
    S.Ananth Member Posts: 105

Can you post the request/response xml? Is the error occurring when sending the request or receiving the response? May be you can try with content type as UTF-16. Also check if there is any whitespace or other character before the xml declaration tag at the beginning in the request/response xml.

• Hi

Thanks for your reply, I am using a file adapter to write the xml at a folder location to validate whether the generated XML has any special characters or white spaces.

The XML which is generated can be opened in the browser without any issues.

In addition, the encoding type is in compliance with the Input type expected by the end system.

Also, I have confirmed from the other team that the requests are getting processed, it is just the response which is not getting parsed.

There is no return type of the HTTP service which is being invoked but it just returns 200 OK response at transport layer.

Would appreciate if you can help

Still struggling

Thanks

• Hi All

Just wanted to update the thread in case someone faces the same issue.

SOA 11.1.1.5 doesn't support Complex type XSDs for HTTP POST in HTTP Bindings Adapter. You can either consider upgrading to 11.1.1.7 to get it fixed ( I would recommend testing it another environment of 11.1.1.7 before upgrading) or create a java class to perform the POST(java.net.HttpURLConnection) and use Java Embedding activity to make a call to the Java class.

I hope it helps someone facing similar problem.

Thanks

Abhinav

This discussion has been closed.