- 17.9K All Categories
- 3.4K Industry Applications
- 3.3K Intelligent Advisor
- 62 Insurance
- 536.1K On-Premises Infrastructure
- 138.2K Analytics Software
- 38.6K Application Development Software
- 5.7K Cloud Platform
- 109.4K Database Software
- 17.5K Enterprise Manager
- 8.8K Hardware
- 71.1K Infrastructure Software
- 105.2K Integration
- 41.6K Security Software
How do I setup OEM to have an agent for a different platform?
Here is my situation.
I have my em12c(18.104.22.168) installed successfully on a Windows 2008r2 server. I have Solaris 10 and 11 non-global zones that have Oracle 10 and 11 databases that I want to monitor. This is all behind a firewall, so I can't use the self updater in em12c to download the agent to then use to push to our Solaris servers.
I've been trying to find out how I can:
- download the 12c management agent for Solaris 64-bit
- copy it to the correct place in the EM I have installed on our windows server. There is no agent directory in the home directory for EM, but there are dirs for jdk16, logs, modules, oms, oracle_common, Oracle_WT, patch_wls1036, plugins, user_projects, utils, wlserver_10.3
But the Oracle documentation is very obtuse. And I've exhausted my google-fu, so I'm hoping that someone can clarify / answer some questions for me please.
1) Is there something inherently bad about this model I'm trying to pursue, of having EM12c on a windows server whilest the databases are on Solaris? That is apart from the challenge that I'm facing of setting it up.
2) Should I be downloading the full solaris 64-bit version installation for EM12c and then extracting the agent from it?
a) If so, which of the zip files would I look in and what path?
b) If not, where can I obtain this on the Oracle downloads area?
3) Should there be an agent directory on the EM12c home directory? can I create it myself, or is the agent directory located in one of the subdirectories? (which would be different from the explanation of the directory structure given in the OEM documention.) I'm suspecting that it would be <<OEM HOME>>/oms/sysman/agent, but would like confirmation.