Forum Stats

• 3,873,118 Users
  • 2,266,506 Discussions
  • 7,911,426 Comments

Discussions

Where are your contractors / contingents mastered?

markstrauss
markstrauss Member Posts: 5 Blue Ribbon
edited Dec 17, 2013 10:50AM in Identity Architect

Hi all -

I am doing some research into the topic of identity origination / lifecycle mastering for contractors.  I would appreciate it greatly if my fellow forum members could reply back with the following information:

• What system is serving as your "system of record" for contractors?
  • Who (what individuals, team, or department) is managing the lifecycle of those identities?
  • Are you satisfied with the controls & integrity around this process?
  • If you had the opportunity to change anything about the way this process works, what would you change?

Many thanks in advance for any replies!

- Mark

Answers

• Jeff Ray
    Jeff Ray Member Posts: 10

This is what we do at Sherwin-Williams. Our contractors are entered into our HR System (Oracle EBS) and managed by HR. OIM reconciles all SW employees and contractors using the EBS Employee connector. Then they can be provisioned access from OIM. Contractors end up going through the same process as employees. It seems like the benefit of this is that all identities come from one system. So we have a single source of truth for all of our identities, employee or customer. It seems to work well for us.

• Jeff Ray
    Jeff Ray Member Posts: 10

I should say we have a single source of truth for all of our identities, employee or contractor, not customer. We do not manage customer identities in OIM.

• markstrauss
    markstrauss Member Posts: 5 Blue Ribbon

Thanks for the reply, Jeff

This discussion has been closed.