Forum Stats

• 3,839,759 Users
  • 2,262,532 Discussions
  • 7,901,052 Comments

Discussions

ODI Load File error (can't read heading rows)

862411 Member Posts: 12
edited Dec 2, 2013 10:22AM in Data Integrator

Hello!

I created a file Datastore on ODI 11g from the following delimited file:

EMPNO,ENAME,JOB,MGR,HIREDATE,SAL,COMM,DEPTNO

7369,SMITH,CLERK,7902,17-12-80,800,,20

7499,ALLEN,SALESMAN,7698,20-02-81,1600,300,30

7521,WARD,SALESMAN,7698,22-02-81,1250,500,30

7566,JONES,MANAGER,7839,02-04-81,2975,,20

7654,MARTIN,SALESMAN,7698,28-09-81,1250,1400,30

7698,BLAKE,MANAGER,7839,01-05-81,2850,,30

I defined the file format as "delimited", the number of lines (heading) as "1", the record separator as "MS-DOS" and the field separator as ",". I successfully reversed engeniner and I obtained the header columns.

The problem I have occurs when I try to view the file data using the option "View Data" on the file Datastore. I get the following error message:

java.sql.SQLException: ODI-40439: Could not read heading rows from file

at com.sunopsis.jdbc.driver.file.FileResultSet.<init>(FileResultSet.java:164)

at com.sunopsis.jdbc.driver.file.impl.commands.CommandSelect.execute(CommandSelect.java:57)

at com.sunopsis.jdbc.driver.file.CommandExecutor.executeCommand(CommandExecutor.java:33)

at com.sunopsis.jdbc.driver.file.FilePreparedStatement.executeQuery(FilePreparedStatement.java:135)

at com.borland.dx.sql.dataset.o.f(Unknown Source)

at com.borland.dx.sql.dataset.QueryProvider.e(Unknown Source)

at com.borland.dx.sql.dataset.JdbcProvider.provideData(Unknown Source)

at com.borland.dx.dataset.StorageDataSet.refresh(Unknown Source)

at com.borland.dx.sql.dataset.QueryDataSet.refresh(Unknown Source)

at com.sunopsis.graphical.frame.edit.AbstractEditFrameGridBorland.initialize(AbstractEditFrameGridBorland.java:628)

at com.sunopsis.graphical.frame.edit.AbstractEditFrameGridBorland.<init>(AbstractEditFrameGridBorland.java:868)

at com.sunopsis.graphical.frame.edit.EditFrameTableData.<init>(EditFrameTableData.java:50)

at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance0(Native Method)

at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.java:57)

at sun.reflect.DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.java:45)

at java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance(Constructor.java:526)

at oracle.odi.ui.editor.AbstractOdiEditor$1.run(AbstractOdiEditor.java:176)

at oracle.ide.dialogs.ProgressBar.run(ProgressBar.java:655)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:724)

Thanks

Tagged:

Answers

• BMK
    BMK Member Posts: 54

Hi,

I think 'view data' option will not work for files. Please try running the interface and see if you are facing same problem.

(Please ignore if this is irrelevent).

Regards,

Manoj

• $anty
    $anty Member Posts: 773 Silver Badge

"View Data" does work for Files such as Text files, CSV files,etc.

Not sure which file format user above is having.

Regards,

Santy. 

edited Nov 25, 2013 5:51AM

I have the same problem when i run the interface. I am using LKM File to SQL.

Thanks.

Regards

• $anty
    $anty Member Posts: 773 Silver Badge

What is the type of file? means .txt or .csv or any other?

Regards,
    Santy

It fails with both .txt and .csv

ODI-1227: Task SrcSet0 (Loading) fails on the source FILE connection FILE_GENERIC.

Caused By: java.sql.SQLException: ODI-40439: Could not read heading rows from file

at com.sunopsis.jdbc.driver.file.FileResultSet.<init>(FileResultSet.java:164)

at com.sunopsis.jdbc.driver.file.impl.commands.CommandSelect.execute(CommandSelect.java:57)

at com.sunopsis.jdbc.driver.file.CommandExecutor.executeCommand(CommandExecutor.java:33)

at com.sunopsis.jdbc.driver.file.FilePreparedStatement.executeQuery(FilePreparedStatement.java:135)

at oracle.odi.query.JDBCTemplate.executeQuery(JDBCTemplate.java:189)

at oracle.odi.runtime.agent.execution.sql.SQLDataProvider.readData(SQLDataProvider.java:94)

at oracle.odi.runtime.agent.execution.sql.SQLDataProvider.readData(SQLDataProvider.java:1)

at oracle.odi.runtime.agent.execution.DataMovementTaskExecutionHandler.handleTask(DataMovementTaskExecutionHandler.java:70)

at com.sunopsis.dwg.dbobj.SnpSessTaskSql.processTask(SnpSessTaskSql.java:2913)

at com.sunopsis.dwg.dbobj.SnpSessTaskSql.treatTask(SnpSessTaskSql.java:2625)

at com.sunopsis.dwg.dbobj.SnpSessStep.treatAttachedTasks(SnpSessStep.java:577)

at com.sunopsis.dwg.dbobj.SnpSessStep.treatSessStep(SnpSessStep.java:468)

at com.sunopsis.dwg.dbobj.SnpSession.treatSession(SnpSession.java:2128)

at oracle.odi.runtime.agent.processor.impl.StartSessRequestProcessor$2.doAction(StartSessRequestProcessor.java:366)

at oracle.odi.core.persistence.dwgobject.DwgObjectTemplate.execute(DwgObjectTemplate.java:216)

at oracle.odi.runtime.agent.processor.impl.StartSessRequestProcessor.doProcessStartSessTask(StartSessRequestProcessor.java:300)

at oracle.odi.runtime.agent.processor.impl.StartSessRequestProcessor.access$0(StartSessRequestProcessor.java:292)

at oracle.odi.runtime.agent.processor.impl.StartSessRequestProcessor$StartSessTask.doExecute(StartSessRequestProcessor.java:855)

at oracle.odi.runtime.agent.processor.task.AgentTask.execute(AgentTask.java:126)

at oracle.odi.runtime.agent.support.DefaultAgentTaskExecutor$2.run(DefaultAgentTaskExecutor.java:82)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:724)

Regards

Again related with the "view data" question, I think it should work.

In the folowing oracle tutorial : ODI11g: Creating an ODI Project and Interface: Exporting a Flat File to a Flat File

They show that in the chapter "Creating a New ODI Source Datastore for use with ODI Interface", section number 7.

Regards

• Himanshu Rai
    Himanshu Rai Member Posts: 309

are u using ODI 11.1.1.7.0 or later? check <Bug 17587051> - UNABLE TO READ DELIMITED FLAT FILES

Himanshu Rai

Yes I am using the version 11.1.1.7.0 . I am not able to find useful information about this bug. Do i need a patch for ODI?

Regards

• Himanshu Rai
    Himanshu Rai Member Posts: 309

Hi,

I don't think that the patch is out yet.

You can try as suggested by oracle to

• Avoid writing to the root folder of a file system

Thank you for the answer.

I tried oracle's recommendation and it doesn´t work either.

Regards

This discussion has been closed.