Forum Stats

• 3,827,255 Users
  • 2,260,751 Discussions
  • 7,897,192 Comments

Discussions

Data Adaptor - Sample Code (DerbyDataAdaptor)

1064442 Member Posts: 3

Hello,

I'm trying to create a data adaptor to access information from a database using the following guide : Data Adaptor - Sample Code (DerbyDataAdaptor)

This link provides references to various code samples, in the following location: examples/interview-engine/data-adaptor

I'm unable to find this location anywhere!!

I've already tried looking in file:///C:/Program%20Files%20%28x86%29/Oracle/Policy%20Modeling/examples/.

The document Data Adaptor - Sample Code (DerbyDataAdaptor) mentions:

To view the source code for the DerbyDataAdaptor sample, refer to examples/interview-engine/data-adaptor in the Java runtime zip file.

I don't know where this Java runtime zip file is.

Please help?!'

Much thanks.

Best Answer

Answers

• Jasmine Lee-Oracle
    Jasmine Lee-Oracle Master Principal Solution Consultant Member Posts: 725 Employee
    Answer ✓

The example rulebase projects are in the OPM download. However, the examples for technical topics (like this) are in the runtime downloads.

On the OPA Downloads page (http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/apps-tech/policy-automation/downloads/index.html) have a look in 'Oracle Policy Automation runtime components for Java'.

Cheers,

Jasmine

Hi Jasmine,

Thanks for the reply. I found the example code in the zip file.

I use OPM and have created several projects with it. However, this is the first time I downloaded the OPA Runtime Components for Java.

Could you explain to me what it is used for primarily?

Thanks a lot!

• Jasmine Lee-Oracle
    Jasmine Lee-Oracle Master Principal Solution Consultant Member Posts: 725 Employee

Oracle Policy Modeling is designed to be used by functional users who are not programmers, e.g. business analysts, policy analysts, subject matter experts. Therefore the examples which come with OPM (i.e. example rule projects) are examples for functional folks.

Anything requiring customisation and code is for the technical folks. The technical examples are in the runtime components downloads as they aren't relevant to business users.

Jasmine Lee-Oracle

Hi Jasmine,

Thank you for the prompt reply.
    I was able to successfully implement this plugin and I've also understood the differences between the OPM & it's runtime components for Java.

Wouldn't have been possible without your help!

Best regards,
    Sneha

This discussion has been closed.