- 17.9K All Categories
- 3.3K Industry Applications
- 3.2K Intelligent Advisor
- 59 Insurance
- 534.1K On-Premises Infrastructure
- 137.6K Analytics Software
- 38.5K Application Development Software
- 5.3K Cloud Platform
- 109.1K Database Software
- 17.5K Enterprise Manager
- 8.8K Hardware
- 70.8K Infrastructure Software
- 105.1K Integration
- 41.5K Security Software
FDM Fixed-Width Import Format & Multiple Accounts/Periods Issue
Hi FDM experts,
I have an issue that I wanted to reach out to you on regarding fixed-width import formats and how to cater for my current scenario for export to Hyperion Planning.
I am working with a flat file (.txt) I need to import to FDM with the current format;
|Year||Channel||Product||Jan-MTD-Account 1||Jan-MTD-Account 2||Jan-YTD-Account1||Jan-YTD-Account2||....||Dec-YTD-Account2|
These are all fixed in width so the field lengths will need to be defined in the import format. The requirement for loading to the system is only a speciifc Month YTD value for both Account1 and Account 2.
If my chosen Month is 2013 Jan, I will only require columns F and G to be loaded. These are the issues I have identified;
- Can a fixed width import format cater for loading to multiple accounts in the same file? Or would I need a separate import format per account?
- Can a fixed width import format cater for loading to a variable Actual Month period? Or do I need 12 import formats/locations per month?
Your help is much appreciated!