x4450 power off mode — oracle-tech

Forum Stats

• 3,714,738 Users
  • 2,242,615 Discussions
  • 7,845,038 Comments

Discussions

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

x4450 power off mode

User258948
User258948 Member Posts: 1
edited November 2018 in Oracle x86 Servers
Hi,
I have been facing the problem with Sun fire X4450 server, Its showing power LED lit and server is in stand by, when I tried to start the server but it couldn't start
 **********System ACPI Power State ACPI | S5/G2: soft-off | Asserted *********
3516570Dhanesh KA-Oracle

Comments

• User_0WOVP
    User_0WOVP Member Posts: 4 Red Ribbon
    edited March 2018

Did you get the problem?

I've a x4600 with the same status

• Chris Courtney-Oracle
    Chris Courtney-Oracle Member Posts: 1
    edited March 2018

This message is not a Solaris message, but rather a platform message. A better support community for this issue would be "Sun x86 Systems (MOSC)". Please ask the question there, or raise a SR with the hardware team.

Chris

• René Fennet-Oracle
    René Fennet-Oracle Member Posts: 10
    edited March 2018

Hi User258948,

This is most likely a hardware related issue. Please collect the neccesary information as described in "How to check why the system powered off, on Sun X64 servers. (Doc ID 1002941.1)" and raise a service request with Oracle Support.

Kind regards,
    Rene Fennet

Did this answer your question ? If so, marking this answer as such will help community members find replies that might help them in similar situations, because your rating will change the ICON color of the reply to make them stand out.

Please scroll to the bottom of the reply, and select either “Helpful Answer” or “Correct Answer.” . Choosing one of these options will change the background color to make the reply stand out from the other replies.

More details on marking a question as answered can be found in Did Your Question Get Answered in My Oracle Support Community [ID 1180503.1].

• Dhanesh KA-Oracle
    Dhanesh KA-Oracle Member Posts: 16 Employee
    edited November 2018

Dear Customer, Below Oracle ILOM Event Message indicating that the System ACPI Power State S5/G2 (soft-off) was deasserted System ACPI Power State ACPI | S5/G2: soft-off | Asserted <<<<<<<<< Regards | Dhanesh A