• 2,251,389 Discussions
  • 7,870,190 Comments

Discussions

FDM: Cannot load HFM Journal Template

kikikaikai
kikikaikai Member Posts: 7
edited Mar 4, 2014 9:36PM in Financial Data Management

Hi all,

Sorry but new to FDM.  I've got a issue reguarding loading HFM journal Excel template in FDM.  I use the HFM journal template provided by Oracle, but when I loaded it through FDM->Activities->Journals, FDM came up with the following error:

Invalid Period count! Check file definition format in file header (Lines 1-6)!

GL Account is a required field!  Check file definition format in file header (Lines 1-6)!

GL Center is a required field!  Check file definition format in file header (Lines 1-6)!

Amount is a required field!  Check file definition format in file header (Lines 1-6)!

File=Journal_Test.xlsm

I've been stack with the issue for some time, can anyone help, please?

Tagged:

Best Answer

Answers

• JeffJon
    JeffJon Member Posts: 1,141

This error would indicate that the Journal Template was not updated with a proper Entity and Account value.

Also, the file should be saved as a .xls, not a .xlsm as it states in your error.

Check that you have populated the POV in the journal template and set values for entity and account.

• kikikaikai

Hi Jeff,

I tried the .xls format, and here's the error

ERROR:

1. Code............................................. 1004
    2. Description...................................... Microsoft Excel cannot access the file "C:\FDM\Inbox\JournalTesting 03.xls".  There are several possible reasons:

• The file name or path does not exist.

• The file is being used by another program.

• The workbook you are trying to save has the same name as a currently open workbook.

I checked the folder, and the file is there.

• JeffJon
    JeffJon Member Posts: 1,141
    Accepted Answer

You need to create a folder named "Desktop" on the FDM application server in the following directories:

C:\Windows\System32\config\systemprofile

C:\Windows\Syswow64\config\systemprofile

• kikikaikai

That works!  Thanks Jeff.  Really helpful, surely this isn't mentioned in the FDM documention.

This discussion has been closed.