• 7,880,045 Comments

Discussions

Schedular Job Email Notification

2»

Answers

• CycleGeek
    CycleGeek Member Posts: 91
    edited Mar 28, 2014 8:14AM

As another test I created the same job and notification under another schema that has no superuser privs, and the email was SENT?!

For some reason when I create the job under the WL user, the QUEUE in the AQ$SCHEDULER$_EVENT_QTAB table is AQ$SCHEDULER$_EVENT_QTAB_E.

When I create it under the mrprice user or the acc user the QUEUE in the AQ$SCHEDULER$_EVENT_QTAB table is SCHEDULER$_EVENT_QUEUE.

• GregV
    GregV Member Posts: 3,075 Gold Crown

Yes, same for me. Queue is SCHEDULER$_EVENT_QUEUE when I setup notifications. It seems there's an issue with AQ and PL/SQL notifications. I have an opened SR about it, and still no news. My version is 11.2.0.3.

Maybe your WL user has some settings in AQ (Advanced Queuing) and that's why it goes in the AQ$SCHEDULER$_EVENT_QTAB_E.

• CycleGeek
    edited Mar 28, 2014 9:48AM

How would I check for WL user settings in AQ?

It appears that the AQ$SCHEDULER$_EVENT_QTAB_E.is the exception queue.  Whenever I run this as the WL user the msg_state is EXPIRED, so maybe that's why it ends up in that queue?

• CycleGeek
    edited Mar 28, 2014 10:20AM

The only difference I can think of is that the usesr where the notifications worked (mrprice and acc) did not have any jobs that they owned previously.  The wl user did, and those jobs were imported via expdp originally.  Maybe something came over during the data pump import?

• GregV

Probably. It's hard to say what the problem is now.If possible try to recreate the WL user then.

• CycleGeek
    edited Mar 28, 2014 11:46AM

Not possible to recreate user.  Owner of schema with TB of data.

• CycleGeek

So I solved this problem by moving the PL/SQL to a shell script that generates a log file, and then scanning the log file for errors and sending the appropriate email.  Wish I could figure out why this one user doesn't want to work like the others?

• GregV

Thanks for sharing the workaround. For your problem I think you'll need to open an SR.

This discussion has been closed.