- 17.9K All Categories
- 3.4K Industry Applications
- 3.4K Intelligent Advisor
- 73 Insurance
- 537.3K On-Premises Infrastructure
- 138.6K Analytics Software
- 38.6K Application Development Software
- 6K Cloud Platform
- 109.6K Database Software
- 17.6K Enterprise Manager
- 8.8K Hardware
- 71.2K Infrastructure Software
- 105.3K Integration
- 41.6K Security Software
Design question: Where does the user belong?
I am testing Multitenant feature in 12c and in my multi-tenancy use case, a user can belong to more than one tenant. This is not a Oracle admin/local/common user, but a user in the application itself, existing in its own table.
So, here are the sequence of steps:
- user logs in using userId and password
- If user belongs to more than one tenant, ask which tenant he wants to work with now. Now change the PDB.
- If user belongs to only one tenant, switch to that PDB.
Question: Since I need the user info before getting into a PDB, can I create tables at container level? How would I do this? Or, do I need to have a separate PDB just for this?